Dell Latitude E6330

peekstar

It has been a while since my last question. I now have installed 10.9.4 on my E6330 and updated to 10.9.5 via App Store. Luckily a lot things are working, others are not. I tried nearly every AppleHDA.kext for the E6330 I found on this site. Anyway, sound ist still not working. Also camera behaviour seems strange. After startup, camera works, after wakeup, camera does not work.

Critical point is the not working iCloud login. I'm aware that iMessage has always been a problem, but I'm not able to log in to the App Store too or even get my iCloud-Mail configured in Apple Mail.

I already tried to solve this by adding the hardware ID to Chameleon's boot.plist file.

Have you tried the ones in post 105 of this thread?

What about VoodooHDA, does that work?

Have you had AppleHDA working before?

Can you check you definitely have 92HD93BXX codec?

Hardware ID is 0x111d76df?

What is the layout set to in your DSDT?

Cheers

Already tried the mentioned AppleHDA. How can I check the codec or the hardware ID? Don't have windows on this machine running and Linux lspci just gave me 8086-1e20 as vendor and device ID for the audio device.

What do you mean by DSDT layout?

Any idea about the iCloud issue too?

Thanks for your help!

8086-1e20 is the same as mine.

Didn't think the E6330 had variations on the audio codec but worth checking.

Where did you get your DSDT from?

In the DSDT, under HDEF section there should be a line like this:

"layout-id", Buffer() { 0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },

This needs to match in AppleHDA. 

Might be easier, and probably faster for Jake to patch your files if his offer still stands!

RE iCloud, I haven't had any problems with it so I can't help there unfortunately, sorry.

Guys, I really appreciate your help :)

As I'm willing to learn new things I'm still trying to figure out what went wrong and how to fix it, I will do a fresh install later today and see what happens then.

I also have an idea about the iCloud issue. On previous installations (10.8.x) I went online via Ethernet at first. This time I installed a WiFi stick immediately after system installation and went online. I found some suggestions in the web about missmatching ID numbers of hardware devices mentioned in the system and used hardware for the internet connection and the way Apple checks things. Not sure if this is true or could be a reason, but worth a try.

As intended, I installed Mavericks again but unfortunately I'm facing the same issues. No sound, no iCloud.

My Extras are attached below.

Interesting point: In between I tried to install Yosemite. It wasn't fully working (safe mode, bootable only with Install stick plugged in) but I was able to log me into iCloud. Strange somehow. 10.8.x let me log in, 10.10.0 did so, 10.9.4 & 10.9.5 do not. 

Extra.zip

• Moderators

Hmm, AppleHDA is 2.3.0. not the current version. You also don't have an SSDT and still using nullCPUPowermanagement.

What's you CPU and display resolution? I'll update your boot pack for you. 

So which OS X do you want to run in? 

Mavericks or Yosemite?