Dell Latitude E6330

peekstar

Awesome! Thank you very much for the work you did and the help you provided.

Sound is working well now and iCloud login is possible too. I'm so glad.

System profiler doesn't see the SD card reader for whatever reason. But it's not that critical as my Camera uses CF cards and I need a card reader or direct USB connection anyway.

Use ACPIBatteryManager v1.5.3. Patch AICPM and remove NullCPM. You can use your DSDT and SSDT from your Mavericks installation. If you want me to try patch your DSDT, extract it with MacIASL and send it.

Can't help with the AppleHDA mic, I didn't create the patch, I just update it to latest version. I was originally patched by our developer EmlyDenish and then modded by ktbos.

Hi Jake,

I've reinstalled Yosemite(10.10.1) using Clover to try and get it to 100% but I'm still struggling with a few things.

If the offer still stands, can you look at the DSDT for me please?

If so, do you want it as a DSL or AML file? And what is the best way to extract it using MacIASL? Do I need to boot from a USB stick or am I OK to do this from my Yosemite installation?

Things that I can't seem to fix are:

Battery detection(I'm using v1.5.3 of ACPIBatteryManager) 

Screen brightness and brightness control keys

Speedstep(P-States?) - I only seem to get 1.2GHz and 2.6GHz. Nothing inbetween and no turbo.

Sometimes, after logging in, the system will immediately sleep. I can get back in by waking it with the power button. Is there a known fix for this?

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers

Thanks Jake.

I've tried it now, think it has helped, not entirely sure yet(need to check speedstep).

I've now got screen brightness working through system preferences, but still not on Fn+UP or FN+Down keys.

Is this done through VoodooPS2.kext?

Battery detection is still sporadic.

Will try and check out the remaining things tonight.

Cheers

• Moderators

For Brightness, use Fn+F3 (numLock) and Fn+Insert  (Pause)

I just started to try Clover and I too can't get the Battery Status to work, only seeing an X, but works fine with Chameleon. Need to figure out what options or patches to get that going.

For Brightness, use Fn+F3 (numLock) and Fn+Insert  (Pause)

I just started to try Clover and I too can't get the Battery Status to work, only seeing an X, but works fine with Chameleon. Need to figure out what options or patches to get that going.

Thanks Jake.

Fn+F3 and Fn+Insert work for screen brightness.

Still haven't got round to checking speedstep, will try today.

Good to know it is not just me with the battery problems!

Cheers

try this config.plist. Battery status works with acpibatterymanager.

Same results for me I'm afraid. 

My battery is detected most of the time.

When running on battery the system cannot determine how much time the battery has left.

Every 30 seconds or so, the battery icon shows an X for a second, then shows the battery again.

It can show the battery % charge though.

Where have you installed ACPIBatteryManager.kext and do you still have AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext in SLE?

Cheers