Dell Latitude E6330

peekstar

hai guys...

I know it's an old thread... but since i had the same model, so here goes...

I tried the myhack method on my e6330 with a fresh ML 10.8

Installed, but my mouse cursor is missing... it seems to "click" well no problem... just the cursor is missing...

And because of that, i cant do anything at all... as i dont know where to "go" with my current mouse cursor...

Any advice on this?

My bios is A12

CPU core i7 3540M

4GB of ram

thanks a lot for the guide

Hi qngage,

Can't say I've seen that before!

What happens if you plug a USB mouse in?

What are you using for touchpad/keyboard kexts?

Cheers

Peekstar...

the cursor still hadn't come up when i plug a USB mouse (also tried pressing the esc button, cmd+tab, and any keyboard combination i know)

no additional kext is added... just following Jake Lo's guide, including his e6430HD4000.zip to my exttra in my USB install key --> could be the reason, as when the first instalation process is started, i still can see the mouse, only after the first restart (after the failed notification), the mouse cursor is missing, sometimes it's there as a garbled pixel

Could you please post your extra folder an any other SSDT or DSDT files?

currently im installing a fresh ML 10.8 and did not plan any update to 10.8.5 however...

but if your kexts are meant for those update, i will...

Edit:

My bad... it seems that my BIOS is the one causing trouble... Jake Lo has pointed this, but i missed it... Now after downgrading my bios back to A09, i can see my cursor... yeay!!!

Peekstar,

Could you please advice what other kext is needed?

Thanks

Hi qngage,

If your touchpad and keyboard are working then no other kexts are needed.

Unless, you don't have multi touch(2 finger scrolling etc).

Try replacing the VoodooPS2Controller.kext in /Extra/Extensions with one from this thread and run myfix.

Some of these may be hit and miss with the E6330, sorry I can't be more specific, I haven't got round to trying these latest revisions yet.

Cheers

Hi Peekstar, 

Thanks for pointing out things.. Currently I'm on Mavericks.... Nice... indeed... 

However i still have other homework which is dual boot on MBR... 

I know it's a lot easier on GPT, but since this is my office's laptop so i can't do much... hehehehe... 

But I'm happy with my setup... 

Sooooo... 

if anybody has an experience in doing dual boot on MBR please do me a hint :)

thanks guys...