Installing ML on Dell E6530

jd_guthrie

All,

I've got the an E6530 see spec below, ML is installed and working fine.

Only thing i want to do now is change my 1366x768 screen to a FHD one.

I was wondering if any one with an E6530 could tell me the model number on the back of their screen please?? so i can order up the exact one and get 1920x1080 resolution in osx.

Thx in advance and for all the help so far.

Dell Latitude E6530

Intel ® Core â„¢ i7-3740QM [email protected]
nVidia NVS 5200M / Intel ® HD Graphics 4000
Dell DW1510
4GB DDR3

• Moderators

All,

I've got the an E6530 see spec below, ML is installed and working fine.

Only thing i want to do now is change my 1366x768 screen to a FHD one.

I was wondering if any one with an E6530 could tell me the model number on the back of their screen please?? so i can order up the exact one and get 1920x1080 resolution in osx.

Thx in advance and for all the help so far.

Dell Latitude E6530

Intel ® Core â„¢ i7-3740QM [email protected]
nVidia NVS 5200M / Intel ® HD Graphics 4000
Dell DW1510
4GB DDR3

This is the one on my E6530. I'm not sure if you need a different LVDS cable or not. I remember when I replace my E6430 from 1366x768 to 1600x900, I need to replace the cable as well otherwise I get garbled images.

LTN156HT02

Update:

Check the end of the cable that's attached to the LCD. If it saids LVDS 1CH (single channel 1366x768 and below), you'll need to replace it with an LVDS 2CH cable (dual channel 1600x900 and above).

Hi every, I got ML 10.8.5 running on Dell Latitude E6530 but there are several functions are not working correctly. Could you give me advices?

1, Working:

• Graphics Full HD (1920x1080) with QE/CI
  • VoodoHDA (both speaker & micro)
  • Ethernet
  • USB (HDD, USB Flash, Mouse are working correctly)
  • Battery management
  • Internal & External mouse
  • Anygate USB Wifi

2, Not working correctly

• Volume control (I can adjust but without affect to the sound)
  • Touchpad (scrolling, 2 fingers, multiple fingers) -> I tried with all of the PS2Controller in EDP for E6530
  • iDevice (I could see the iPhone in  About -> More Info -> System Report -> Hardware -> USB but iTunes & XCode couldn't recognize devices: iPhone, iPod, iPad)
  • Could not type the character ` (I copied it from virtual keyboard in Google). Here is the character for key above the "Tab" and next to "1": § (shift ±) 

Could anyone give a solution or a hint? I really need the Hackintosh can recognize idevice.

Thank you very much.

• Moderators

Hi every, I got ML 10.8.5 running on Dell Latitude E6530 but there are several functions are not working correctly. Could you give me advices?

1, Working:

• Graphics Full HD (1920x1080) with QE/CI
  • VoodoHDA (both speaker & micro)
  • Ethernet
  • USB (HDD, USB Flash, Mouse are working correctly)
  • Battery management
  • Internal & External mouse
  • Anygate USB Wifi

2, Not working correctly

• Volume control (I can adjust but without affect to the sound)
  • Touchpad (scrolling, 2 fingers, multiple fingers) -> I tried with all of the PS2Controller in EDP for E6530
  • iDevice (I could see the iPhone in  About -> More Info -> System Report -> Hardware -> USB but iTunes & XCode couldn't recognize devices: iPhone, iPod, iPad)
  • Could not type the character ` (I copied it from virtual keyboard in Google). Here is the character for key above the "Tab" and next to "1": § (shift ±) 

Could anyone give a solution or a hint? I really need the Hackintosh can recognize idevice.

Thank you very much.

Try my Extra folder here. Will fix a lot of your issues.

Hi Jake, many functions are working on my Hackintosh now. I'm really appreciate your help.

Right now I'm having problem with USB 3.0 ports are not usable with Logitech mouse, USB Wifi and other USB 2.0 devices. Could you please help me with this.

Thanks,

• Moderators

Hi Jake, many functions are working on my Hackintosh now. I'm really appreciate your help.

Right now I'm having problem with USB 3.0 ports are not usable with Logitech mouse, USB Wifi and other USB 2.0 devices. Could you please help me with this.

Thanks,

Replace GenericUSBXHCI with the latest version here to Extra/Extension. Run myfix (full)

Add -gux_defer_usb2 to boot.plist

• Like 1

Hi All,

So I have a E6530 but mine is a Coreâ„¢ i5-3230M .  Does anyone have a Extra folder they can zip up for me as well as any other instructions?

I've ready Jake Lo's post where he includes:

Extra-6530.zip and  ssdt.dsl.zip 

My question is should I use that Extra file and delete the three ssdt files and replace them with the one included in the zip file or is the Extra-6530 already configured for a i5 CPU?

Without DSDT's I can boot and run fine (no QE) though.  I'll post back on further progress  once I have made further progress.

BTW, I have done DSDT patching in the past but I have no idea what I'm doing.  I've just read forums and fixed compiler errors based on what the DSDT Editor says, but I for sure am not proficient in it.  So if anyone has what I need already I would really appreciate it.

Bob

• Moderators

Hi All,

So I have a E6530 but mine is a Coreâ„¢ i5-3230M .  Does anyone have a Extra folder they can zip up for me as well as any other instructions?

I've ready Jake Lo's post where he includes:
Extra-6530.zip and  ssdt.dsl.zip 

My question is should I use that Extra file and delete the three ssdt files and replace them with the one included in the zip file or is the Extra-6530 already configured for a i5 CPU?

Without DSDT's I can boot and run fine (no QE) though.  I'll post back on further progress  once I have made further progress.

BTW, I have done DSDT patching in the past but I have no idea what I'm doing.  I've just read forums and fixed compiler errors based on what the DSDT Editor says, but I for sure am not proficient in it.  So if anyone has what I need already I would really appreciate it.

Bob

Do you have Discrete card nvidia nvs5200m or only HD4000 graphics?