Installing ML on Dell E6530

jd_guthrie

I started from scratch and I got back to the setup screen but I still don't have keyboard or mouse.  Am I using the right kext??

Edit:

I finally have OSX loaded.  I found two kext on osx86.net.  I'll attach them in case someone else is having issues.  

End edit

I have a BCM4310 wireless card.  Do you know if anyone has had any success with this card?  I also have no battery indicator.  Is there something to fix this?  I need to create an SSDT as well.  I didn't have to do that on my last hack because I had a first gen i3 processor.  This is new territory for me.  OSX is installed.  What is my next step?

Okay.  I sent them a message with the attached files.  Now, OSX was reporting BCM4310, at least I thought but I actually have an Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205.  It is my understanding that Intel cards ABSOLUTELY cannot be made to work.  What is the best OOB card?  Now this is a work laptop.  I know I can add a card but I don't want to have to remove the other card.  Is that possible on this laptop?  Is there a place to add an additional card.  My IT department also didn't include Bluetooth with this laptop.  They told me I can add it if I wanted.  Is there a combination card that works or is it better just to use a dongle...??  Also, is there a way to enable multigestures?

Can you list your kext in Extra/Extension?

I'm reinstalling right now.  I'll let you know when it's up.  However, my ethernet is working.  I just screwed up.  And for the sake of my dignity, don't ask how..lol.  Let's just say it helps to have the right end of the cable.

Can you list your kext in Extra/Extension?

AppleACIPPlatform.kext

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

AppleHDA.kext

AppleIntelE1000e.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

FakeSMC.kext

GenericUSBXHCI.kext

lspcidrv.kext (not sure what this is for)

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (Will a proper DSDT edit fix the need for this?)

Patched_10.7_AppleRTC.kext (Why is this needed?)

I also installed voodoobattery.kext in S/L/E.  I do have a battery meter but it looks like it's stuck @ 61% and it doesn't show anything different when it's charging.  Do you have a better solution?

• Moderators

AppleACIPPlatform.kext

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

AppleHDA.kext

AppleIntelE1000e.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

FakeSMC.kext

GenericUSBXHCI.kext

lspcidrv.kext (not sure what this is for)

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (Will a proper DSDT edit fix the need for this?)

Patched_10.7_AppleRTC.kext (Why is this needed?)

I also installed voodoobattery.kext in S/L/E.  I do have a battery meter but it looks like it's stuck @ 61% and it doesn't show anything different when it's charging.  Do you have a better solution?

Have you tried including the DSDT from my Extra folder? Also included are Applesmartbatterymanager.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, which can replace voodoobattery and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. Be sure to delete voodoobattery from S/L/E and run myfix to update everything.