optiplex 745

keithdee

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was able to load OS X on a Dell Optiplex Gx620 and well as any Dell that has a Pentium D processor. I used Nawcom version. I did have to find kexts/drivers for the ethernet as well as sound. This is the computer I am using now. Strange I have a Mac Pro and I am using the Dell.

ron

• Administrators

Hi...

I was able to boot os x snow leopard on my office dell optiplex 755 with core 2 duo processor. Managed to get the network card working with a kext I found so with internet access anything is possible. But without any 3100 graphics card (desktop version) kext available I kind of given up.

Cheers!

• Administrators

A few notes.. i have OSX Lion Server on mine.. and it works fairly well.. the internal graphics sucks.. but a new pci express card should fix that.. however, i need to do some more dsdt edits so my pci ports is working...

I have a dell optiplex 760 running 10.6.8(no QE), I have no flash support on 10.6.8, but I'm going to downgrade 10.6.3 for flash support.

intel core 2 duo e7400 2.8ghz

2bg ram

500 gb harddrive

intel q43 graphics

How would i find out if NVidia Quadro NVS 290 DMS-59 256MB half Height PCI-E Video Card would give me QE?