Install OSX on Lenovo Thinkpad X201s (and maybe x201)

Leon

Ok so I've got the installer booted using the chameleon boot loader. I install Yosemite and then try to boot into it using the USB drive. It hangs on Sound assertion. I was told that this isn't an audio problem but a graphics problem. Anyone have any ideas? Graphics acceleration seemed to be active in the installer so I'm not sure why it is an issue now. By the way, I can't boot in safe mode either. 

I have the modified graphics & frame buffer kexts in S/L/E on the install drive. I'm going to try moving them to Extra/Extensions and see if it helps.

Ok so I've made some progress. When everything is finished loading the screen flashes white like it would when OS X is finished loading then it goes pitch black and then the backlight comes on but no image on the screen. 

Any suggestions?

How'd you install the kexts to S/L/E?

Did you installed to the Installed drive or only on the Installer?

I installed them on the installer flash drive. I haven't been able to boot into the system yet. Once I moved them to Extra/Extensions on the installer flash drive the computer almost boots into OS X, it shows the white screen for half a second, then goes black with the backlight on

How do I do that? I tried doing it from windows using Paragon HFS+ then using the installer to repair drive permissions but upon rebooting into the actual OS it did the same thing. I also tried what was mentioned in the guide here, go into terminal then enter a few commands then repair permissions and reboot but when I did that OS X kernel panicked as soon as i tried to start it. It wasn't on a specific kext either, it was on the CPU I believe.

• Moderators

Boot to USB Installer. Launch terminal, run

diskutil list ( to locate you volume names)

cp -R /Volumes//System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHDGraphics* /Volumes//System/Library/Extensions

Reboot

I just tried that on the Mavericks install and it does the same thing. Immediate kernal panic when I try to boot. I'm starting to think that the laptop just cant run OS X. I am  no noob to hackintoshing but this laptop is giving me a lot of trouble.