New voodoops2controller.kext out by ANV aka Andyvan

Bronxteck

thats funny. thats the same audio i have stac 9200 and it's not affected you sure you have all the audio kext's in e/e?

Here's what I have in /Extra/Extensions:

AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

AppleBCM440XEthernet.kext

AppleHDADisabler.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext (Bronx's)

FakeSMC.kext

IOAudioFamily.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

OSvKernDSPLib.kext

SleepEnabler.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

VoodooTSCSync.kext

As far as I know, I have everything required. Perhaps the PS2Nub is the issue? Want my kernel.log file?

if not try rebuilding catches

Just yanked out Nub and rebuilt cache's. Next reboot, no trackpad/keyboard at all. USB was also disabled. Rebooted with a safe boot, verbose, in single and moved Nub back into /E/E, used AppleJack to rebuild cache and repair permissions. Keyboard/trackpad came back. Still no sound.

Would the fact that the original was labeled "appleps2controller.kext", whereas yours is labeled "ApplePS2Controller.kext"?

Meh. I'll rename it. Can't hurt to try. (It did not help)

Battery icon is gone, also. :(

• Administrators

it does not look like it's loading at all from your kernel.log try it with out sleepenabler wich also has a nub to see if it's conflicting.. also are you booting in -x or -s or arch=x86_64 ? that can cause some kexts not to load. if not use EDP to build for your machine with slice trackpad once its built replace trackpad kext with the modified one rebuild with existing (option a) in edptool and reboot you can use this methode with and without power pack.

it does not look like it's loading at all from your kernel.log try it with out sleepenabler wich also has a nub to see if it's conflicting.. also are you booting in -x or -s or arch=x86_64 ? that can cause some kexts not to load. if not use EDP to build for your machine with slice trackpad once its built replace trackpad kext with the modified one rebuild with existing (option a) in edptool and reboot you can use this methode with and without power pack.

I was not booting with "-x" or "-s" or with the 64-bit kernel when I took the kernel.log file and gave it to you. Same for the kextstat.

I am booting in safe mode now, because when I boot normal, trackpad becomes unusable. Mouse will not go below the middle of the screen and continues to only go up in a right-to-left movement. Simply touching the trackpad is like right-clicking a million times a second while it moves. Eventually the mouse will go up to the Apple menu icon, and just click over and over and over. Keyboard still works when this happens.

In a safe boot, kext seems to load just fine, as two-finger scroll works, as does tap-click. Seems as though something is affecting it. I'm going to try pulling out SleepEnabler and see what happens. I'll rebuild with EDP and see if sound/battery come back. If not, I'll rebuild with Slice and try a swap. We'll go from there. If it doesn't work, we can continue working on this Bronx. This kext is superb when it works.

Edit:Bronxteck, MAJOR THANKS! Pulling SleepEnabler allowed my trackpad to work properly, and a rebuild with EDP gave me sound/battery back. You, good sir, are absolutely amazing. I can't stress my thanks enough. You rock! Sleep does not work, but I can live with that. Thanks again, Bronx!

• Administrators

do you have a system bios password set? you need it to activate sleep on most latitudes... if not you just get a black screen on wake. then in edp run sleep fix. maybe that can makeup for sleep enabler... im not sure of your bios but some have the option in bios that allows you not to have to input password when "waking" from sleep, so only at boot do you need to add a password. great if you dont have to restart every time when sleep works properly.