Speedstep stopped working

bobdamnit

then try a different smbios.plist. i am using macbook2,1 because it is similar to my d620 hardware wise... Graphics /processor family. if you open the contents of coolbook you will see a list of supported macs in the plist file

Actually, I'm listed as a MacBook5,1 in System Profiler. But if you look closely at a terminal, it also says I'm a Mac Pro.

Pictures...

If you look at the System Profiler.png picture, you'll see that the titlebar says MacBook, but directly under that on the left, it say's Bob Damnit's Mac Pro. Terminal says the normal stuff @ Mac Pro....

I think think think..... Thats the reason SpeedStep with CoolBook isn't working. I don't know how to fix it, and both of my 10.6.7 installs (Normal and Test) are this way.

post-856-006168900 1306875982_thumb.png

post-856-079549900 1306875991_thumb.png

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

replace it in extra smbios for macbook2,1

Will test later tonight. Have to go out and work on the garden on my day off. Need to get it tilled and planted, because I'm soooo tired of store bought vegetables. ;)

• Administrators

One of the problems we have with D520, is that i was the only one who had a D520.. and i only had it for a short of amount of time + the dsdt that we are using for that model was copy of the presently used one for D4x0 ..

Allthought the D4x0 and D520 is very much alike.

You might have better luck building for a D4x0.. atleast.. i would give it a try :)

One of the problems we have with D520, is that i was the only one who had a D520.. and i only had it for a short of amount of time + the dsdt that we are using for that model was copy of the presently used one for D4x0 ..

Allthought the D4x0 and D520 is very much alike.

You might have better luck building for a D4x0.. atleast.. i would give it a try :)

Alright. I can certainly do that. Which one is most like the D520?

replace it in extra smbios for macbook2,1

Same issue. Computer starts at 1.6 Ghz and drops when un/plugging in the charger.

Fixed with VoodooPowerMini.kext. Coolbook Controller still won't work with this SMBIOS.

Leon, I've formatted my test partition and reinstalled. Still comes up as a Mac Pro, with a MacBook SMBIOS, even when building for a D430. (Which did work, by the way.)

i think its because it still loads smbios etc. from the primary partition...

No, its showing up as a MacBook 5,1 when I rebuild from EDP, like it normally does.

Adding the Macbook2,1 that Bronxteck gave me has no effect at all. Same problem as before. Still shows as "Mac Pro" in the places in the pictures I posted earlier.