Wishlist for next EDP ?

Leon

• Administrators

d620 gma945 bios flashed fine. and I was naughty too flashed it from win 7 64 bit giving it admin priv did not use dos. (Shhh don't tell CRC lol) also please note I am a trained professional please don't try this at home.... EVER... not responsible if you jump off a bridge just because i did...

For EDP 1.9 I wish:

1. I would be able to put my D630 in sleep mode while on power adapter.

2. I would be able to use VoodooHDA with no sound delay without the help of soundflower.

3. For a better power management so my processor doesn't go from 2.2 GHz to 1.2GHz after I pull the power cable.

4. There would be no prolonged waiting shutdown/reboot times because of the AppleBCM5751 kext.

5. I would also wish my computer would not have to do cold bios boot every time after sleep.

This is all I can think and hope for now.

• Administrators

but this part was interesting sounds like it would help if these commands are in osx? i can't test it as i don't have a d630

Rebooting flags, to control how the system reboots

reboot= b[ios] | t[riple] | k[bd] [, w[arm] | c[old]

bios = Use the CPU reboot vector for warm reset

warm = Don't set the cold reboot flag

cold = Set the cold reboot flag

triple = Force a triple fault (init)

kbd = Use the keyboard controller. cold reset (default)

Using warm reset will be much faster especially on big memory systems because the BIOS will not go through the memory check. Disadvantage is that not all hardware will be completely reinitialized on reboot so there may be boot problems on some systems.

but this part was interesting sounds like it would help if these commands are in osx? i can't test it as i don't have a d630

Rebooting flags, to control how the system reboots

reboot= b[ios] | t[riple] | k[bd] [, w[arm] | c[old]

bios = Use the CPU reboot vector for warm reset

warm = Don't set the cold reboot flag

cold = Set the cold reboot flag

triple = Force a triple fault (init)

kbd = Use the keyboard controller. cold reset (default)

Using warm reset will be much faster especially on big memory systems because the BIOS will not go through the memory check. Disadvantage is that not all hardware will be completely reinitialized on reboot so there may be boot problems on some systems.

Thanks, I noticed that as well. Doesn't seem to change anything for me, though. I always hate rebooting after I put my notebook to sleep cuz the whole process takes up to around 2 minutes until the computer boots again. First is the f*****g BCM5751 ethernet adapter that causes the system to hang on black screen for at least 20 seconds before it reboots/shuts down, and then I have to wait for at least another 15 second for the cold bios boot - that's around 35 seconds so far. And then at least 45 seconds for the OS to boot. Here's more than a minute of plain waiting. So... :( This is why I said I want those fixed for the next EDP. Thanks for your time anyway Bronx!

• Administrators

do you use Ethernet BCM5751 ?... if not just disable it in bios.

oh and the sleep issue if i remember correctly is due to the Bluetooth... try removing that too but it might have to be physical removal not just a bios shutdown. if that fixes the problem of sleep then i'm thinking theirs an irq allocation problem in DSDT maybe look deeper into the flags

See, I know that by removing the BCM5751 kext or by disabling it from the bios will solve the issue with the slow reboot/shutdown times. Thing is I occasionally use it, plus I already signed into the apple appstore using this network adapter, so If i disable it or remove the kext, I get the GUID issue when trying to log in to the appstore. Thanks for the bluetooth. Will try and report if this works.