Mavericks on E6410 with Intel HD graphics

Hervé

Tried to setup my E6410/Intel for Mavericks by following pratel4prez's guide, and Jake Lo's instruction for Intel Graphics. Hope I can get help with the couples issues:

First, my machine: Dell Latitude E6410

- BIOS version A16

- Chipset: Intel QM57

- CPU: core i5 520M

- RAM: 4G

- Graphics: Intel Graphics (1440x900 resolution)

- Network:  Intel 82577LM / WiFi link 6000 series

- OS X:       Mavericks 10.9.4

- hard drive:    3 primary partitions with MBR, dual-boot with Win7 through chameleon  

Issues:

1. Install with display problem:

If I following Jake Lo's instruction strictly, remove the AppleIntelHDGraphicsXXX files from SLE first, then install Extra-E6410_Mav.zip into the install USB drive.  During the installation, at the point the display switch over to graphics,  the display shows lot of garbage (same image repeated multiple times).  After many trials, worked around this problem by not installing the Extra-E6410_Mav.zip

2. Only boots successfully with ignore cache option:

With the work-around to skip the extra from Jake, the installation was successful.   But in all subsequent reboot, have to use the ignore cache option, otherwise the boot process will hang.

If boot with only the verbose option, here is the last couple of lines:

Initializing TouchPad hardware...this may take a second

ApplePsALPSGlidePoint EC Report: { 0x88, 0x07, 0x9d }

Touchpad initialization complete

VM Swap Subsystem is ON

Waiting for DSMOS...

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR $Num kSMCKeyNotFound(0x84) fKeyHashTable=0x0

Controller: INtel PCH (vendor ID: 8086, device ID: 3b56)

init

probe

start

[iOBluetoothHCIController[[start] -- completed

VoodooBattery 1.3 © 2008-10 Superhai, All Rights Reserved. May 5 2010 09:52:50 64 bit

No interval found for . Using 8000000

flow_divert_kctl_disconnect (0): disconnecting group 1

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR LsNM kSMCKeyNotFound(0x84) fKeyHashTable=0x0

SMC::smcGetLightshowVers ERROR: smcREadKey LsNM failed (kSMCKeyNotFound)

SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: smcPublishLIghtshowVerion failed (kSMCKeyNotFound)

Previous Shutdown Cause: 3

SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode

DSMOS has arrived

AppleIntelE1000e(Info): e1000e NIC Link is UP 1000 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: Rx

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitFor Service(resouceMatching(AppleINtelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

[AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform

3. Max resolution only 1280x800 for 1440x900 screen.

Any idea on how to solve issue #2 and #3?

Thanks

• Moderators

what version of mavericks are you installing? Try the latest graphics files from here. You could only get CI, so download the CI version, not QE/CI.

Replaced them in my boot pack, run myHack/Install Extra  and point to it. This should also fix the cache mode issue too. MyHack rebuilds the cache and permission at the end of the install.

@rwsgamer,

You may have to modify the org.Chameleon.Boot.plist...

To do this, open up Terminal and run:

sudo nano /Extra/org.Chameleon.Boot.plist

Use the arrow keys to navigate. Modify the resolution to match:

1440x900x32

And make sure the UseKernelCache is set to "No" if you still have to boot with -f

Press Ctrl+X, the letter Y and Enter.

Made both changes in the /Extra/org.Chameleon.Boot.plist:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1920x1200x32</string>

<key>UseKernelCache</key>

<string>No</string>

Note: I am working with a docking station, so the resolution is changed to 1920x1200.   It is kind of inconvenient whenever I undock the laptop, will need to change this file again to set the resolution back to 1440x900.

thanks

I have an E6410 with Intel graphics.  I have followed the guide, and the system boots up just fine. I then used Jake Lo's  Extra-E6410_Mav.zip file to improve the graphics, but now I can only boot using -x.  The system boots up, but sit's with the spinning icon frozen on the gray screen. At first I thought it was locked up. But then I hit enter and heard the error sound. So I put in my password, and hit enter, and the hard drive light lights up and I am logged in. The problem is, I can still only see the light gray screen with the frozen spinning icon (the one with the lines, not the cursor). So then I hit the power button, and hit enter, and it shuts down.  So I know in the background it's working just fine, but for some reason it will not display video on the built in screen.  I don't have anything else plugged in, and I do not have it in a docking station. Like I said, I can boot into safe mode, and it looks fine. I have tried booting with the install USB stick, and re-running MyHack, but it doesn't seem to change anything. I've also moved all the Intel HD related kexts out of S/L/E, but that doesn't seem to have fixed anything.

Thanks Jake Lo, I have grabbed those, and I think I am getting further.  Now when the system boots, I get to thew login screen, but it's corrupted. Basically it looks like its been sliced up vertically and re-arranged. If I move the mouse cursor, I see parts of it moving on several areas of the screen. I can login, but the desktop is also corrupt. I'm installing 10.9.3

Would choosing an incorrect system definition cause this? I didn't have a serial number when I looked in "About this Mac", so I ran multifail and picked MacBook Pro 6,1. 

Here's what I am getting:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cr7n48ddsg1ljmq/image.jpeg?dl=0

• Moderators

ok, then you'll use the 10.9.3 files. Make sure to delete the ones in my bootpack. 

Delete the following from /Extra/Extensions and /System/Library/Extension and replaced with the new files in /Extra/Extension and run my fix (quick)

AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle

Make sure you have the correct graphicsMode set in the boot.plist too. Use Chameleon Wizard for that, it can generate a serial for you too, don't need multi fail for that

• Like 1

Thanks Jake.  I just tried what you recommended, and still no luck. I'm very experienced in Linux and Windows, and troubleshooting in general. This has really got me stumped though. To me, it's behaving like the wrong graphics mode is set. But I've checked that several times. 

Here's what I have checked in Chameleon wizard:

GUI

Timeout 2

Legacy Logo

Kernel: mach_kernel

Restart Fix

Graphics Enabler

Skip nVidia

Skip AMD

Graphics Mode: 1280x800x32

I have system type setup as MacBook Pro 8,1

Does running myfix quick copy those extensions into S/L/E, or does it keep them in Extra?