Mavericks on E6410 with Intel HD graphics

Hervé

Ironmb said:

"Here's what I am getting:

https://www.dropbox....image.jpeg?dl=0 "

^^ This is exactly what happens when I add the Intel HD kexts (10.9.4 CI found here)

System specs:

OS X 10.9.4

E6410 - Intel i5 560M 2.66GHz - 8GB RAM - Intel HD - Device id (0046) Arrandale

WIFI - Atheros AR5B97 - works with injection - ToledaARPT.kext

Smbios definition - MacBook Pro 6,2 (also works well with 8,1)

Native resolution - 1280x800 (defined in boot plist)

Chameleon svn2266

Everything else is standard to MyHack and the Extra folder provided by Jake Lo or Patel (Both work for me).

I do not have iMessage, iCloud, or AppStore working yet, but I know how to get these working and have not tried.

Used MyHack with Patel's guide for installation, save for the Intel piece, I have most hardware working well, except CI.

I can only boot using -f (which I ended up setting in Chameleon Wizard) otherwise it just hangs at boot up (No KP). I used Jake Lo's Extra folder after I got most things working, and it works when the IntelHD kexts are all absent. If I add the 10.9.4 CI kexts to S/L/E or to E/E, my system boots up, but has the same imaging outlined in the picture above. If I simply delete those kexts, my computer boots just fine, but with no graphics acceleration. I am unsure why this is, but I am wondering if these kexts do not cover my hardware.   

Anyone have any ideas why two of us, who have followed these guides to the letter, have the same video output issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had a same issue with CI graphic drivers ... i used the extra pre loaded with these driver and getting the same screen with lines .. i just restored my old extra and got my osx 10.9.4 fixed .. with those extras my App store, imsg, FaceTime and iCloud was working fine .. but after restored with my ex extra again not able to fix the App Store and others ...

if you have fixed than kindly let me know how did you do that ..
thanks ..

Not sure if I should post there here or start a new thread.  I have a Dell Latitude E6410, Core i5 process, 8 GB of RAM, INTEL video.  I'm trying to run OS X Mavericks (10.9.5) on this system, and am having trouble with "scrambled" graphics.  The installer that I created boots fine, and I'm able to run through the installer in graphical mode.  However, when the system reboots after the install, I run into one of two problems.

The first problem is that I get a blank screen with the "voice over" telling me how to complete the install.  I can fumble through the install, but no amount of taking steps through this ever actually gets the graphics going.  I've had mixed success using the "GraphicsEnabler=No" option at boot time to fix this - sometimes it seems to work, mostly not.

The second problem that I run into, attempting to solve the first one, is after installing the E6410 Intel Extras provided in another thread.  I use myHack to install these Extras, and I don't get the blank screen, but instead I get a screen that's obviously the graphical login screen, but there are a bunch of horizontal lines through the screen - almost like it's offsetting every 10 or so lines on the screen from the others.  So, while you can tell it's the login screen for OS X, it isn't really usable.

Any suggestions?  I've tried thinks like running myHack (myFix, Remove Problematic Extensions), booting with various flags (-f, -v, GraphicsEnabler=No), etc.  I've also tried copying the DSDT file from the thumb drive, the smbios.plist and org.chameleon.plist files, etc., since the thumb drive works consistently, but I can't figure out why the display isn't working.

Thanks - Nick

• Like 1

@necouchman

Copied from CREW.....

Delete the following from /Extra/Extensions and /System/Library/Extension and replaced with the new files in /Extra/Extension and run my fix (quick)
AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin
AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle
AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle

it worked for me with 10.9.5....

• Like 1

Still running into this "garbled graphics" problem. I have re-installed, tried many different extras, and I can either boot in with GraphicsEnabler=Yes (in chameleon boot plist) with no IntelHDGraphics kexts installed, or I boot to the "garbled" screen. I think this is a resolution issue. The screen is functional as stated above, but as soon as the graphics are attempted to be enabled, it is messed up. Could this be the bootloader causing the issue. I noticed that in this guide, GhostRaider mentions,

"Note 2: If you are using Clover Bootloader, you may end up with distorted screen once Core Image is enabled. If you are having this problem, a workaround for this is to use Chameleon Bootloader."

Since I am currently using the chameleon bootloader, I am going to switch to clover and see if that fares better. I will post the results. 

Clover did not change anything. I was able to boot in, but to the same messed-up screen. Can someone please help me work through this? I am not new to this scene and have tried everything that I am capable of. Could it be that I have a i5-560M? Everything I have read when discussing the vendor id says this should work, but that's the only difference I can see. Let me know if you would be willing to assist me.