Mavericks on E6410 with Intel HD graphics

Hervé

• Administrators

Since the installation process differs a bit from the nVidia-based model, please use this particular thread for reporting issues and raising your queries. Thanks.

E6410 Intel HD means Intel graphics, so no stupid questions about Intel wireless please.

• Like 1

Thanks for the assistance, this guide is amazing.  I was able to finally make a working Flash drive with my wife's MacBook Pro and the install went like a dream.  I was able to successfully install 10.9 on a blank MBR partition on my E6410.  My end goal is to dual-boot OS X and Win 7 from different partitions of my SSD and use a shared exFAT32 partition for most of my storage.

My question now is how to set up the bootloader.  After the OS X install & post-install, I shut down the computer and removed the USB stick and immediately got a boot 0 error.  I was able to succesfully boot again into OS X with the USB stick inserted and the "-f" bootflag.  I tried using myHack to Install Chameleon to my partition and that still gave the boot 0 error.  

So I used a Windows recovery disk and then startup repair to re-write the Windows 7 bootloader and the system now defaults into Win 7 without any problem.  I can also boot into OS X using the USB Stick and the "-f" bootflag (the system KPs if the -f flag is absent).  I'd love to be able to have a simple bootloader where I can choose my Windows 7 partition or my OS X parition, but I'm not sure how to get there.  

After another hour or so of futzing, I was able to get the AppStore, FaceTime, iMessage and iCloud working  by downloading Chameleon Wizard and editing SMbios.plist to generate a real serial number for my system.  My only remaining issue is the need to boot with the "-f" bootflag, and I'm not sure how to get that resolved.

I also edited the org.chameleon.boot using Chameleon Wizard and unchecked the "graphics enabler" and set the resolution to 1440x900x32.  That made an huge difference in the graphics performance.