Mavericks on E6410 with Intel HD graphics

Hervé

Dual booting is definitely possible :) ! I'm typing this from my E6410 running Windows 8.1 and OS X 10.9!

From Windows, get a program like Minitool Partition Wizard and shrink the Primary partition to whatever size you want (just make sure it's greater than about 8-10 GB; I just split my disk in half, so half for windows and half for OS X) and then reboot into the OS X installer and format the second part of the disk as "Mac OS X Extended (Journaled)." 

Remember, MBR disks can only handle 4 partitions, so if you have 3 partitions dedicated only to Windows, you'll need to remove at least 1 to install OS X, because OS X needs 2 (one for OS X, the other as an EFI partition). Take a look here to find out how to remove the Windows "System Reserved" partition (do parts 1 and 3 without BootIt). Also, if you have a "Reader" partition, that can be removed too if you don't use it.

Also, if you get the error from the installer again, try recreating the installer and selecting "yes" in myHack to MBR Support. It should throw back an error, saying 10.9 doesn't have support yet, but when it finishes, just add the files from the MBR support folder and you should be good to go.

So I tried to shrink the drive using the program you suggested. Then I launched the installer and clicked on the new partition. I went to the erase tab and chose the format to be Mac OS X Journaled. I still got the error that I couldn't modify the partition map. I am rebuilding my installer right now as you suggested with clicking yes to MBR support. Hoping that will work! Only have 3 partitions right now. System reserved, Dell HD (Windows) and my Mac partition. I also upgraded the hard drive to an SSD a few months ago. Not sure of any of this helps but I hope it does!

hey i installed mavericks succesfully! i like how the menu bar is transparent on mavericks and in ML it is not. but in mavericks i can't watch a youtube video without it jittering up every other video same thing for other site like worldstarhiphop. the only way i get around this is putting the video on full screen then it will play normal. is there any fix for this?

All,

Does one of you has Shutdown working already  :?.

Reboot does work.

At shutdown the screen does black but the power LED and BT LED stay on.

Only pressing the power button for 5 to 7 seconds does really shuts down the laptop.

Is their something I can test for one of you that has experience with this kind of issues?

Intel or Nvidia?If you are using safari, try chrome.

Intel graphics I  tried with chrome and it does not jitter any more. what if the fix for safari?

did you remove problematic kexts? removing one of them can cause flash issues in safari. restore them if you did.

Yeah I removed all 3 problematic extentions. which one should i restore?