10.9 D830 Nvidia Black Screen Install

Pupilliam

10.9 Install.app creation.

Letest MyHack.

Dell Latitude D830

Nvidia NVS140M

4 GB RAM

750 GB Hybrid SSD GPT

I made my installer USB and when I boot the USB, the thing goes through all of the verbose messages and when I should've gotten a installer GUI, the screen is just black and nothing appears for over 20 mintues.

Any help is nice. :)

***EDIT***

Installer log from the D630 pack.

LOG.txt

New Log.txt

• Moderators

I have the 135M and had similar results w/ the boot pack.  I switched to the d630 and everything installed fine.  However, if I apply the EDP the system crashes :(

Trying to figure out how to recover from that w/o a reinstall....

Boot with the USB Installer, run myHack and select Install Extra. Point it to the D630 bootpack.

• Administrators

I have the 135M and had similar results w/ the boot pack.  I switched to the d630 and everything installed fine.  However, if I apply the EDP the system crashes :(

Trying to figure out how to recover from that w/o a reinstall....

Looks like there could be an issue with the default EDP options. We'll look at it and make some recommendations if things cannot be fixed rapidly. In all likelyhood, it'll be a simple matter of a missing kext and you would be able to boot off your USB installer and copy the lissing item from the USB key to the /Extra/Extensions of your HDD, then run myFix (quick) to recover.

In a nutshell, same as what was detailed yesterday for the D630...