E6540

Treeman2004

Yeah im still on mavericks. I used Herve's bootpack with your dsdt.aml file but it didn't work. But it made some changes, the intel hd 4600 shows up in the system specs. Only with 3MB. But still no full QE/CI. Is this because i'm using the niresh version of mavericks?

• Administrators

'could be, that's the problem with generic distros: you don't know what's been modified... But Jake's DSDT also injects the wrong device id, so that may be the problem too. I'd change that back to 0x0416 in Mavericks since it is fully supported.

For Mavericks, with a vanilla installation, you could experience booting your installation with various values for boot option IntelAzulFB until you reach the framebuffer that gives you full graphics acceleration with the HD4600 (I'm pretty sure your discrete AMD Radeon HD 8790M GPU is unsupported, just like the 8690M I have in my E6440). You would then be able to patch your DSDT accordingly. I would assume that the same framebuffer I used for the HD4600 of my i5-4300M (FB=12, i.e.  ig-platform-id 0x0600260a) would apply to the HD4600 of your i7 but I can't be 100% certain. You'll easily find out by trial and error...

Try to boot Mavericks with just the following flags and options (respect syntax and casing):

DSDT=none IntelAzulFB=12 -v

The Azul FB range you can use is 0 to 15. Look at RampageDev's blog for details.

I tried to boot but with no results... Could it be the bootloader? Because with clover i can inject the device id in the bootloader. Or should i just update chameleon? And how do i change the device id in dsdt?

EDIT: I'm going to install the vanilla version of mavericks on tthe e6540 i think thats better than the niresh version. Or should i install yosemite instead? 

Edited by CSMAC

• Moderators

Yes, go vanilla as distro might have removed some much needed kexts. Either Mavericks or Yosemite is fine, although for Yosemite, you'll need additional patches to get QE/CI with HD 4600. Either version, it's all documented in Herve's guide.

Guys i have some good news. I found a mac osx 10.8.5 dvd wich i used a few years ago so i gave it a try. I have full QE/CI if i use the flag IntelAzulFB=12 (Thank you for the advice herve :))

I want to thank you all for your time and help. I've learned alot.