E6540

Treeman2004

Webcam works nice... thx :)

I have on other problem...

Sometimes when i boot i have an cpu 0 caller or cpu 1 caller or cpu 3 caller... it is so...

I boot... and then i see cpu caller... and then i try a reboot.. and it works... do you know so an situation?

I try some different bootflags but it is the same....

The next is...

sometimes... :)

I boot normal in El Capitan... and then 2 seconds left... the Laptops goes in Hibernate... i wake him up and all is ok..

But when i have connect an extern display on HDMI Out in this situation.... i see El Capitan on the external screen but my Laptop screen is black... i think this is the situation when the Laptops wants to go to sleep...

it is difficult to explain

I hope you understand me :D

perhaps wrong bios settings? i don't know..

here is my efi folder.... can you look?

in this zip file are the logs with the cpu caller...

• Moderators

Does your system have the discrete nvidia card? If so, it might need to be disable via DSDT.

For BIOS settings, just set to "Load Default", hit apply. Then got to SATA Operations and set it to AHCI. If you're using UEFI Clover, then change Legacy to UEFI.

I see you're using voodooHDA, does HDMI audio work for you?

Ok, I remove all the unnecessary kexts in your Clover folder, added the patched AppleHDA and change some setting in your Config.plist.

Replace your Config, kexts in your Clover/Kexts/10.11 folder. Install the kexts in SLE to /system/library/extensions and repair permission.

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

E6540_Clover.zip

I don't have a nvidia inside... :)

HDMI Audio don't work... with my config... now i try your folder..

---

Hdmi Audio can i only tray today at home... :)

The Laptop boot faster :)

Sound works... Bluetooth and Wlan too.. but i must used in Clover (AddDTGP and FixAirport) only with this wlan works...

The BIOS settings, is set to "Load Default", and hit apply. Then got to SATA Operations and set it to AHCI.

And i must disable Wireless Switch... when it is enable i don't have Bluetooth and Wlan

problem with the auto Hibernate after boot i must try it a few days...

The boot error is the same

In the Zip 2 Screens with the errors

Perhaps the fault lies at the SSDT... now i try to boot without my ssdt and speedstep works... i see it in the intel power gadget...

• Administrators

You should probably generate your own SSDT that suits your own CPU rather than maybe reuse an existing file from somewhere. This will allow you to optimise CPU speed stepping in collaboration with SMBIOS profile and to enjoy better Turbo boost too.

• Moderators

It's a known issue due to EAPD in Realtek devices. The codecCommander.kext included in the bootpack suppose to have fix the issue. 

It works on my E7440 but I have installed the kext to /Library/Extensions instead. I don't know if it'll make a difference.

Just move the 2 kexts from /S/L/E to /L/E and run the permission fix below

CodecCommander and AppleHDA_ALC292

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
sudo touch -f /L*/E*
sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /