[SOLVED] Crazy screen on E6430 & 10.9.1

pewe1263

what I tried so far, all installs based upon the links in Jake Lo's signature:

installed the e6430, Bios A12, i5 3320m, 2.6 GHz, 4GB, 1366x768, HD4000, ML version -> Screen messes up

installed the e6430, Bios A12, i5 3320m, 2.6 GHz, 4GB, 1366x768, HD4000, Mavericks version -> Screen messes up

tried with e6430 i7 version ML and mavericks ones, didn't even boot.

running in safe mode, all ok but the limitations, f.e. sound does not play. LAN, Internet do work however

video via quick time and flip play or so, plays just fine (in none safe mode), artefacts just surrounds the play window but does not within the video play window.

tried all IntelCapriFB=<value> via cham wiz, result is some change but not even close to an acceptable situation. 

EDP does not support my setup, so no luck there.

Deleted AIFBC kext in E/E -> no luck, stays all the same.

Deleted whole Extra folder, ha, artefacts are gone. So is the performance of the laptop and various other things, is not acceptable as well. Darn.

I am out of my limited possibilities I have.

Can someone please advise.

TIA

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

Try this boot pack.

Is mine old 6430 i5 3320m HD4000 only. (my screen is 1600x900) but i rewrite chameleon.plist to 1366x768.

Also i remove the AIFC.kext, you dont need this, and set Capri value to 3 in plist. (this value vork foor me ago...) also include modded bluetooth kext.

Boot from usb install, run MyHack, select install extra, select my own, select attached extra folder (first copy to USB 😊 ) and if my hack finish, run again and select myfix. All from the USB installer.

If all finished, dont remove USB install! Boot from usb, in boot menu select your osx partition, in chameleon parameter write -v -x -f

Boot....

If you Osx is up, browse Usb pen drive, in my extra folder include latest chameleon installer.

Install, do not customize install, simple next-next-next...

reboot...

in boot menu parameter write -v -f

Good Luck...

Extra-6430-i5-3320m-IntelOnly.zip

@robertostudios: sorry, stays all the same. At times it gets really ugly though ..... And so once in a while it is kind of ok, but not at an acceptable state. Used chameleon svn 2345. But at no win, screen stays as is although i've got the impression it got a little bit better .....

post-50845-0-33923000-1390595720_thumb.jpg

I completely started over again, sadly enough multiple times. But typing this response is at least from a working and having a clean display from a vanilla (I hope) E6430 Snow Leopard install 10.6.8 with all found updates.

Did the following:

1. Made a boot CD with iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) 
  2. Booted from that CD
  3. At boot options, removed the iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) CD, inserted the SL 10.6.3 DVD
  4. Used disk utility to erase, partition SSD (840 EVO) GUID Partition table, Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
  5. Continued SL install and succeeded
  6. Reboot on iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) CD since SSD does not boot (Invalid partition table)
  7. At boot options choose SSD and fire up SL (wow that's fast)
  8. Updated to 10.6.8 
  9. Reboot on iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) CD since SSD does not boot (Invalid partition table)
  10. At boot options choose SDD and fire up SL (wow that's still fast)
  11. No screen artifacts at all but running at just 1024 resolution as well
  12. Installed myHack 3.3.1
  13. Installed OS Mavericks installer as well
  14. Ran myHack, choose to install chameleon.
  15. Performed a reboot
  16. Booting from SDD, got a boot screen and some text plus able to use boot options
  17. But no boot option succeeded so far, got stuck at the grey apple screen with no progress circle
  18. S...
  19. Booting just fine from the iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) CD
  20. Choose at prompt to continue from SSD named iClaudius
  21. This way SL 10.6.8 boots and fast as well after choosing the SSD
  22. This way as well has been proven to work quite good and stable
  23. Install XCode 3.x from SL DVD and applied updates
  24. Wanted to start coding for iOS but did not get far since not avail. Must use Xcode 5.x ???
  25. OK, thus execute OS Mavericks update
  26. Update runs and wants to restart
  27. OK, doing so but did not get far either since I have to boot from the bloody CD
  28. Therefore ignoring the OS Mavericks install .....
  29. ..... stuck ....

So I'm asking you how can I get the blooming SSD to boot by itself and update to Mavericks ??????

First with no extras, kernel extensions, or what so ever etc. At least as little as possible, so I have a clean as possible 10.9 install with hopefully a not full of artifacts rendering screen.

Would be very nice if somebody could assist ...... please !!!!

• Moderators

This is what I have currently running on my E6430 with i5-3320m, 4gb ram, 128gb HDD, 1366x768 resolution, BIOS A12.

Installed with Mavericks 10.9.0 (13A603)

Then upgrade to 10.9.1 (13B42)

It won't help you with your current install, but hopefully the bootpack would work for you.

E6430_Mav.zip