[SOLVED] Crazy screen on E6430 & 10.9.1

pewe1263

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

however windows does not seem to have a problem, but osx does. Strange though Snow Leopard did work OK, no artifacts. Only with the mavericks updates came the artifacts .... maybe a stupid timing issue caused by a not perfectly fitted connection located beneath the keyboard 'cause every keystroke turns into an artifact change as does f.e. software loading .... like you have a bad shielded cable laying nearby your microwave ....

so maybe it is a condensator not doing it's decoupling from whatever and causes some interferance .... who knows, with these frequencies going thru the mainboard it's easy to generate some very hard to detect interferences, at least the component causing it .....

• Moderators

... changed the IntelCapriFB to 2, 3, 8, 9 rebooted after every change. The result is that the screen artifacts are gone ..... for about 4 or 5 seconds then they kick in again, sometimes very brutal ... and then the idea came just to swap the HDD to another E6430 ....

.... and the results were, lett's say surprisingly ... good ...

... took out the HDD out of my E6430, went over to another E6430, same HW, different BIOS in the beginning, booted the HDD, entered the invalid partition and ..... MAV 10.9.1 worked like a dream with NO screen artifacts, with or without GraphicsEnabler or the IntelCapriFB, deleted those two settings and rebooted. Just kept on working, no screen artifacts noticable. Noticed however that the second E6430 was on bios A07 and mine was on A12 .... so downgraded, expecting positiv results .... No change, screen artifacts keep coming ...

I think I need to get some HW exchanged ....

ha, didn't think to ask you if you have another E6430 to test with...would've save a lot of headache

hah... so hardware failure. that's interesting. could be bent pins on the cpu socket if the cpu is replaceable if not maybe bad solder.

Can you try to switch CPU between the 2 systems to rule out CPU or LVDS cable or LCD?

finally got my MB exchanged and guess what ... it worked ...  :-D  :-D  :-D

however got no internet access only local intranet ??? 

... seemed that with the mb a new mac address was coming along and I have my network all filtered by MAC addresses ....

Typing this in from my first MellBook is very nice ...

Thank you guys for all your help in this quest ...

RESOLVED !!!

hey, tried reading through this thread to  get this issue resolved. i found that "exchanging the MB" somehow solved this issue for you. 

so by MB do you mean Megabyte of video memory or Mellbook as you refer to in this last post ?(or did i completly miss something?? :S ). 

its my first time doing this install and im having a bit of a struggle. if you have a better description of what solved your problem it would be appreciated ! 

im at where you were, having the same speccs and OSX 10.9.2 , how ever i got a E6430S.

Thanks for the reply, i do have A12. my scenario is exacly like the Author`s exept that my computer is a brand New 6430S and it has never seen Windows before.
i got the same speccs as specifyed in this thread. i still have the issue after trying the suggestions in this thread.