Dell Inspiron 3x37-5x37-7x37 Clover Installation

greg2204

Excellent work Pokenguyen and the others who have contributed you guys rock!

So far I have one issue that I have been struggling with for days now, I will be very grateful if 

someone can help me figure this out.

I have followed the guide exactly on my Inspiron 7437 installing Yoesemite, I made it much further than any other guide 

as I now have a working install. 

The problem is I cannot boot without a usb drive. For some reason my laptop wont see the clover EFI partition and if I boot

without the usb it will say "No boot manager found" (or something along those lines).

I have added the /EFI/Clover/Cloverx64.efi to a boot entry in bios but maybe I did not do so in the correct format, new to this 

stuff especially with UEFI. 

If anyone has had this issue or has any suggestions I will be very grateful!

Thanks guys!

I keep getting syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF when trying to patch DSDT

Please Help!

I was also having this issue. I looked back through a few pages and someone suggested using a different version of MaciASL. I just googled it downloaded the first one and it worked with no errors.

Hope that helps!

Excellent work Pokenguyen and the others who have contributed you guys rock!

So far I have one issue that I have been struggling with for days now, I will be very grateful if 

someone can help me figure this out.

I have followed the guide exactly on my Inspiron 7437 installing Yoesemite, I made it much further than any other guide 

as I now have a working install. 

The problem is I cannot boot without a usb drive. For some reason my laptop wont see the clover EFI partition and if I boot

without the usb it will say "No boot manager found" (or something along those lines)

I have added the /EFI/Clover/Cloverx64.efi to a boot entry in bios but maybe I did not do so in the correct format, new to this 

stuff especially with UEFI. 

If anyone has had this issue or has any suggestions I will be very grateful!

Thanks guys!

Are you dual booting with windows? If so you need a copy of CLOVERX64.elf Elf/microsotf/boot then In EFI/Microsoft/Boot rename the file bootmgrfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi and also In EFI / Microsoft / Boot rename the file CLOVERX64.EFI to bootmgfw.efi reboot it should sort it. Hope it help

Are you dual booting with windows? If so you need a copy of CLOVERX64.elf Elf/microsotf/boot then In EFI/Microsoft/Boot rename the file bootmgrfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi and also In EFI / Microsoft / Boot rename the file CLOVERX64.EFI to bootmgfw.efi reboot it should sort it. Hope it help

Thanks Spidy01 for replying. I was not initially however after doing some research someone mentioned using easybcd so I isntalled Windows 10 Tech Preview on a second partition. Set default with Easybcd as Clover however I still couldn't get it to work.

Currently I have my clover as 2nd and Windows on top in Bios boot order, this is allowing me to boot clover using F12 and selecting the clover uefi, If i move clover to first I still get problem where it won't boot even using F12. 

Looking through the EFI/Clover folder I don't see CLOVERX64.elf I only see CLOVERX64.efi is this what you mean? Same with  /Elf/microsoft/boot, are you referring to the /EFI/Microsoft/Boot on my EFI Partition?

Thanks for your help!

Confirmed that previous post is correct, Thanks Spidy01 for you help! 

Running latest Yosemite with everything working great so far! 

Only small issues are Clover boot screen looks squished and don't know how to fix 

and a little graphics glitch with the Apple logo before login page.

Not big issues but if someone knows how to fix them that would be awesome!

• Moderators

add this to your config.plist to fix the boot screen glitch

thanks to pokenguyen and Boss kittipos from IM

<dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Second Stage patch 1</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                hcB0XUg=
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                McB0W0g=
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Second Stage patch 2</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                QYjE6wM=
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                QYjE6yM=
                </data>
            </dict>

Thanks Jake Lo! that fixed the boot screen also thanks pokenguyen and Boss kittipos from IM. 

Everything seems good so far but haven't used it a lot yet made it through a full day without plugging in

just closing the lid, used mainly for browsing the web so I assume power management is working correctly,

I deleted the nullapplecpupowermanagement kext, not sure if I needed to but wanted to be sure. 

Just curious if there are any issues that I should expect that I have not came across yet or anything I can 

research to try and find a solution for to give back.

Thanks everyone for your hard work!

I have the bcm94352hmb Wifi + BT module. It load fine in MacOSX Yosemite fine, however when I boot up windows 7, the whole network seems like disconnected and cannot find any Wifi. The only way to solve this problem is by disconnecting the bcm94352hmb Wifi + BT module and replace it with other Wifi module, and then fix the bcm94352hmb Wifi + BT module back again.

This is same for my Realtek-Ethernet controller, however the ethernet controller is soldered internally, and cannot fixed using the same method as the Wifi Module. So How to solve this problem?

Reinstalling Drivers doesn't work

http://imgur.com/8qSKjs1