Dell E6420 with Nvidia Nvs 4200M on Mavericks

veedub89

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that supposed to fix sleep? with my existing Extra? or the Extra that Jake posted?  I tried it with Jake's Extra and it still gave the same error.  It still fails when I have Optimus enabled.  I didn't try it with my currently working Extra, and Optimus disabled.

Here's exactly what I did:  

- I ran ssdtprgen.  

- Then took the resulting ssdt.aml, and combined it with Jake's Extra folder.

- Copied in the dsdt, and ssdt files you patched for me as well.

- Ran the perl command as you posted.(although I didn't notice a change in the modified date of the appleRTC.kext in Finder after running it for some reason.)  

- Changed the boot plist only to make sure it used the new dsdt.  

- Then moved the resulting Extra into the proper place by using myhack.  

- Rebooted.  

- Went into bios to reset the bios to defaults, and made sure that I had re-enabled AHCI, and checked that Optimus was enabled.  

And then got the same error as above.

for reference, here's the Extra that I have working at the moment with a DSDT that was created through MacIASL, and a SSDT that was created from using RehabMan's probook installer.  The only modifications to those files was auto-fixing any resulting errors so they should be generic and unmodified.  There is also a SystemDevices.txt file that lists all the components found in my laptop by running lspci.

WorkingExtraE6420-veedub

The only things that are not working for me with this setup, at the moment, are sleep, HDMI audio out, and brightness adjustment through the keyboard.

I hope that helps understand where I'm at currently.