[Guide] E7440 with Clover

pokenguyen

Hey guys, I'm new to this and a bit overwhelmed by all the options and posts. I have a latitude e7240 non-touch on which i would like to install yosemite (latest version i guess), what guide should i use? this one (more specific) or https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7478-dell-latitude-yosemite-install-guide/(more recent)?

also which of the other posts in this/the other thread did you need to get everything to work?

i'm planning to order the BCM94352HMB card as it has bluetooth 4.0 and should work with osx, anyone any experience puting it in a e7240?

I am running a 7240 without touch as well. I used the guide on the front page of this thread I personally like clover better then chamelion. But the choice is up to you.   Anyways my system runs great no complaints at all.

Hey guys, I'm new to this and a bit overwhelmed by all the options and posts. I have a latitude e7240 non-touch on which i would like to install yosemite (latest version i guess), what guide should i use? this one (more specific) or https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7478-dell-latitude-yosemite-install-guide/(more recent)?

also which of the other posts in this/the other thread did you need to get everything to work?

i'm planning to order the BCM94352HMB card as it has bluetooth 4.0 and should work with osx, anyone any experience puting it in a e7240?

Thanks Nexvision! Decided to try this guide ;)

6. Use another Mac, download HVT here, run the tool and install Tools > MacIASL, run MacIASL, go to Preferences and set to ACPI 5.0, then open /EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin/dsdt.aml in CLOVER USB drive. Click Compile, you will see 2 errors. Select the first error, you will see lots of Zero, delete them all. Click compile, you will see 1 error left.
Click Patch button, download the patch here and apply:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/du6ee0eislnzan2/Dell%20E7x40%20patches.txt

Hmm how do i get past this step without another Mac? I mean I do have an old macbook but snow leopard is the max it can run and maciasl doesn't run on that!

I'm kind of facing a chicken/egg situation :P

Thanks Nexvision! Decided to try this guide ;)

Hmm how do i get past this step without another Mac? I mean I do have an old macbook but snow leopard is the max it can run and maciasl doesn't run on that!

I'm kind of facing a chicken/egg situation :P

Jake is the man posted it before I could. I also found its very good to have a OSX VM running on your windows box. Just in case.

you have to patch the 2 files as mentioned by salamaahm above. Add the above to your clover config. 

I have to manually patch AppleIntelFramebufferAzul & AppleIntelHD5000Graphics since I'm using Chameleon.

You can get the updated kext in my Yosemite Guide including AppleHDA.

I was happy with QE/CI in versions until 10.10.1 (including). Yestereday I tried to upgrade to 10.10.2.

First I added the text mentioned by salamaahm in EFI partition /CLOVER/config.plist section editing the file with TextEdit. Confirmed using the Clover Configurator that the file is correctly parsed importing the mentioned file and checking the section "Kernel and Kext Patches" / "Kexts to patch" the entries are there.

Then run the 10.10.2 update file I downloaded.

The QE/CI was not working. Then I realised that my AppleIntelFramebufferAzul was patched in 10.10.1. To resolve this I downloaded the files indicated in More Yosemite Bootpacks

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7478-dell-latitude-yosemite-install-guide/&do=findComment&comment=45224the 2 kext files in E7x40.zip  AppleIntelFramebufferAzul & AppleIntelHD5000Graphics. 
Still the problem is there QE/CI is not working.

Archive.zip are the files you might find useful in your suggestion, because I run out of ideas (I am not that knowledgeable in this subject). The attached files were created using
TS=$(date +%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M)
F=~/Desktop/log_$TS
echo $F
mkdir $F
ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/ > $F/kexts_in_SLE.txt
kextstat > $F/kexts_stat.txt
system_profiler SPExtensionsDataType > $F/kexts_datatype.txt

Thank you

Thank you Jake Lo for your response, still no QE/CI. I removed the two entries from config.plist, reinstalled the two kexts AppleIntelFramebufferAzul and AppleIntelHD5000Graphics from file E7x40.zip at your post https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7478-dell-latitude-yosemite-install-guide/&do=findComment&comment=45224, fixed permissions and rebuilt cache. Still not QE/CI. 

Is there another step I need to perform? I did not patch the kernel or install the other 3 kexts of file E7x40.zip.

I even recovered IOGraphicsFamily, AppleIntelFramebufferAzul and AppleIntelHD5000Graphics from 10.10.2 update (using pacifist), added to clover salamaahm’s patch and still no luck .