[Guide] E7440 with Clover

pokenguyen

• Moderators

E7440 i7-4600u should have HD 4400 not HD 4000. You shouldn't be using ALC892 as it's the wrong kext for this model which has ALC292. Use the kext I attached above. To have audio after sleep, you'll need EAPDfix.kext or CodecCommander.kext. See here https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/3084-eapdjack-sense-fix-no-audiojack-sense-issue-after-sleep/

Here you go. Install to SLE with Kextwizard.

These should be working with this kext.:

Internal speaker

Headphone

Mic

Jake Lo, I have tried the AppleHDAALC.kext, I have the devices and internal speaker and headphones work fine. I did not try Mic and Line In. Thank you again. 

BTW, I had some trouble booting the laptop, after boot the screen faded to nothing. I tried closing and opening the lid, closing the lid until sleep and then open again, using the FN+up button, none worked, Random key presses revealed that FN+Insert increases the brightness....

Hello everyone  :) 

big thanks for this huge work, I m  a total newbie on this stuff, and even if I didn't have much knowledge of what I was doing, your guides are so clear that I manage to do a lot :) 

thanks a lot really.

now lets cut to the chase :P 

I have a Latitude E7440 and I managed to install everything apart from the following issues:

- Sound fully works apart from headphones Jack, doesn't matter what I do it it stick the ocean sound :( 

- Wifi doesn't work, probably unsupported I m already ordered a DW1510 if I understood well, it will work oob

The eadphones are not really an issue, I m using USB headphones with Mic and they fully works, but I was wondering how to fix that.

(I already install many version of the AppleHDA, AudioAUUC, Voodoo2 or whatever you suggested in this 27 pages of topic)

keep up the good works ;) thanks for everything.

• Moderators

Are you sure you tried them all? have you tried this one?

Make sure you have voodoohda and AppleHDADisabler removed and a vanilla unpatched AppleHDA in /S/L/E.

DW1510 works OOB but without bluetooth. Look in our database of other cards with combo wifi and bluetooth. You can find that in my signature link wireless cards.

First of all thanks a lot Jake Lo!

I did try that package, but without removing the:

VoodooHDA

AppleHDADisabler

now, the AppleHDADisabler, is not even on the list (from Ketx Wizard) when I removed the voodooHDA, the audio icon goes grey out and of by loading the new one "AppleHDAALC" under S/L/E it's still disabled, maybe is the vanilla thingy you are telling me ?

unfortunately I m a bit noob for this :-S what do you mean as vanilla unpatched ? during the installation I patched only the DDST.aml as you tell on the guide and nothing else.

thanks for the patience and help!

• Moderators

Thanks for the credit, but this is not my guide.  8-)

Now look for AppleHDADisabler in /System/Library/Extensions or EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.10 and delete it.

Then from the terminal run the following and reboot:

sudo touch /S*/L*/E*

sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

I have had great success with this guide, have been running Yosemite in a stable state since December with extremely minimal issues.

The only issue I haven't yet tackled is the iMessage activation issue. From what I can see, my issue is probably due to invalid serial number in my config.plist file. No matter how many serial numbers I generate with Clover  Configurator, I always get an invalid serial number when I test it with the apple web site. 

Has anyone had any luck getting iMessage working? If so, any steps they had to take?

Thanks everyone. Your info in this thread has been invaluable to me thus far. 

This worked great for me. I was getting stuck on generating a valid serial number with Clover Configurator. I was trying with my model as Macbook Air. Once I switched my model to a MacBook Pro, it did generate a valid number, and I was able to log into iMessage after a reboot! 

Thanks for the great link