[Guide] E7440 with Clover

pokenguyen

You can enable 2 finger in Syspref > Touchpad. If it's new version of ALPS, it can be not supported fully.

Here is the main page of ALPS touchpad driver, and I'm using the latest driver there.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2545-new-touchpad-driver-for-e6520-alps/

There is no further developement recently.

I think you should buy a decent mouse instead.

This site seems to have come out of nowhere since I checked on the hackintosh world last. Excellent job guys. There seems to be a lot of great stuff going on here. 

I have a 7440 w/ i7 but I have a model that has a FHD --touchscreen-- and backlit keyboard. I'm not expecting these to work or anything but would they interfere with creating a functional build? 

How stable would you rate your build, Poke? As far as odd things like audio compatibility and kernel panics. 

This site seems to have come out of nowhere since I checked on the hackintosh world last. Excellent job guys. There seems to be a lot of great stuff going on here. 

I have a 7440 w/ i7 but I have a model that has a FHD --touchscreen-- and backlit keyboard. I'm not expecting these to work or anything but would they interfere with creating a functional build? 

How stable would you rate your build, Poke? As far as odd things like audio compatibility and kernel panics. 

I don't own this laptop, it's based on my experience with other laptops to build the guide. I think it's stable, the audio jack may not work, and FHD + touch may not work too.

Folks thanks for having put together this guide. It helped me to get Mavericks running on my E7440.

If you have a FHD screen, a little app, rdm, will make your laptop with retina display. Screen looks a lot better with resolution of 1280x720 (HiDPI). Google it with keywords "rdm reddit". 

post-57455-0-75195000-1402942956_thumb.png

post-57455-0-93405400-1402942970_thumb.png