[Guide] E7440 with Clover

pokenguyen

Do not modify FakeSMC. Change BIOS Version in SMBIOS to MBA61.88Z.0099.B12.1405241030

Thanks Pokenguyen, i tried BIOS version in the SMBIOS as well using clover Configurator, but still the SMC version is 2.13f7

Thanks Pokenguyen, i tried BIOS version in the SMBIOS as well using clover Configurator, but still the SMC version is 2.13f7

The SMC key is injected by Clover, we have to wait until Clover update the SMC key. For now, right click to update and select Hide Update.

I accidentally installed 10.9.4 somehow instead of 10.9.3.. it seems like most everything works, but there are a few lingering problems:

Wifi doesn't work (no option to connect, no wifi icon on top right, etc)

White noise/static through headphone jack (I think this is known)

ALPS trackpad mildly twitchy (I think this is also known)

Graphical glitches - Everything seems to be in 16 bit color instead of full 32. Also artifacting when scrolling. I noticed when I was installing 10.9, during the setup process, as soon as it booted to the menu that included "install os x, disk utility, etc" it would be impossible to read due to smeared text across the center of the screen, although if I closed the notebook and it shut the screen off and I opened it back up, everything was cleared up and it worked fine. If I click on launchpad, the animation is like 2 frames. It seems like there is no graphic acceleration enabled. I have installed the 4400 vid driver and I have the i5 (I think 4300U). I believe I followed every step to the letter. 

Everything else seems to work thus far (haven't tested LAN). Excellent guide. 

NOTE: Running bios ver. A08

I get many report from Dell 7x37 too, and it happens with HD4400/4600 10.9.4 graphic kexts I think.

What is your Wifi?

I think you should reinstall 10.9.3 for stable use.

That's good to know that I'm not the only one. Honestly I would rather wait until 10.9.4 is considered stable w/ new graphics kexts, or even wait for 10.9.5 rather than having to download Mavericks ver. 10.9.3 and do it all again. 

What is the easiest way to tell which WiFi module I have? I no longer have Windows installed and the BIOS doesn't seem to give me anything.

FYI Ethernet and sleep seem to be working OK. 

• Moderators

That's good to know that I'm not the only one. Honestly I would rather wait until 10.9.4 is considered stable w/ new graphics kexts, or even wait for 10.9.5 rather than having to download Mavericks ver. 10.9.3 and do it all again. 

What is the easiest way to tell which WiFi module I have? I no longer have Windows installed and the BIOS doesn't seem to give me anything.

FYI Ethernet and sleep seem to be working OK. 

Download and run DPCIManager, look under PCI list.

Download and run DPCIManager, look under PCI list.

Thanks!

Looks like I have an AR9485 wireless network adapter. If it's not compatible, I have one from an HP Probook that I know worked with OS X when I had a Probook.  

So, I have an E7440 with the 1366x768 display and a swapped out WiFi card (the BCM4352 Azurewave AW0CE123H). I have the 2.4 GHz portion working, but no BT and 5 GHz. I'm not too worried about that at the moment.

Something that I haven't figured out is why audio is not working. I see references to it in System Preferences, but nothing under Sound. 

I've followed all steps and I've tried a few reinstalls, in the correct order, but no luck. I can supply various files. Just let me know. 

I also triple-boot via EFI to Ubuntu 14.04 and Windows 7.