Yosemite (Final) on E5540 I5-4310U (Haswell) using Clover

rykerza

This topic helped me to install yosemite on my e5540. I had the same issues but trued the files supplied by bronxteck and that enabled me to boot. I have one last issue. My machine has the nvidia and HD4400. I have artefacts on the top bar and during boot, however things like youtube play in full hd with no stutter as well as me being able to change my account picture. 

In the past normally you can not do these if you have graphical issues.

anyone help?

• Moderators

Add this to your clover config under kextsToPatch. Credits goes to gygabyte666

I can confirm it works for HD 4400 too!

<key>Comment</key>
<string>Intel 4600/5000 HDMI FB Patch</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
BgAmCgEDAwMAAAACAAAAAQAAYAAAAABA2QoAANkKAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAEAACAAAAMAAAAAEFEgAABAAAhwAAAAIE
CQAABAAAhwAAAP8AAQABAAAAQAAAAA8AAAABAQAABAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
EgAACAAAhwAAAP8AAQABAAAAQAAAAA8AAAABAQAABAAA
</data>

which of the 3 methods i described worked for you so other forum members know incase they come across your issue?

My Bios did not allow the disabling of Optimus so I used Clover Configurator to add the "nv_disable=1" option to my config.

<key>Comment</key> <string>Intel 4600/5000 HDMI FB Patch</string> <key>Find</key> <data> BgAmCgEDAwMAAAACAAAAAQAAYAAAAABA2QoAANkKAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAEAACAAAAMAAAAAEFEgAABAAAhwAAAAIE CQAABAAAhwAAAP8AAQABAAAAQAAAAA8AAAABAQAABAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA </data> <key>Name</key> <string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> BgAmCgEDAwMAAAACAAAAAQAAYAAAAABA2QoAANkKAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAEAACAAAAMAAAAAEFEgAABAAAhwAAAAIE EgAACAAAhwAAAP8AAQABAAAAQAAAAA8AAAABAQAABAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA </data>

@ Jake Lo

Thanks for this! Allows HDMI to work like a charm, however, is there no way to get VGA D-SUB out working for the HD4400?

I had it working on my HP Hackintosh (Intel HD 3000), yet I cant seem to find any kexts / configs that allow this for this one?

Sound is still not working through the headphone jack & volume control does not work, I've tried the VooDooHDA 2.8.5 with EAPDfix and modified AppleHDA.kext with modified DSDT, yet Im still getting white noise when I plug in the headphones and then silence. Is there something Im missing?

What's your sound card?

VGA is no longer supported.

@ Jake Lo

Thanks for the feedback! Guess Ill have to get an HDMI to VGA converter then =)

The soundcard is the Realtek ALC3226 (which is apparently similar to the ALC292 according to some posts)

I've tried following the below post but still no luck.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5857-e6540/

I've recently now installed VoodooHDA 2.8.7 which allows sound to work via PC speakers - but I really need the Headphone port to work :\

• Moderators

The ALC3226 is ALC292 when you extract it from linux dump. Although your ven/dev might be different. Mine is 80809c20, yours might be 80868c20. Try and see if this works. Patched is made by Joe82

Add this to config.plist

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AppleHDA ALC 292 #1</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
hBnUEQ==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleHDA</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
kgLsEA==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AppleHDA ALC 292 #2</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
hAjsEA==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AAAAAA==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AppleHDA ALC 292 #3</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
hQjsEA==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AAAAAA==
</data>
</dict>
</array>

and this 10.10 or SLE if it doesn't work. AppleHDAALC.kext.zip

<key>Comment</key>
<string>Intel 4600/5000 HDMI FB Patch</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
CQAABAAAhwAAAP8AAQABAAAAQAAAAA8AAAABAQAABAAA
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
EgAACAAAhwAAAP8AAQABAAAAQAAAAA8AAAABAQAABAAA
</data>

I was thinking how could i describe the issues i have but found someone on another forum with the same issue my top bar looks like this, would the above code fix that?

I'm unsure how to put the code in clover configurator..

Loaded my file and gone to kernel and kext patches and can see kextstopatch but confused now :-(

b5dfbf648bc9b4de90342660f6e956ea.png

The ALC3226 is ALC292 when you extract it from linux dump. Although your ven/dev might be different. Mine is 80809c20, yours might be 80868c20. Try and see if this works. Patched is made by Joe82

Add this to config.plist

<key>KextsToPatch</key> <array> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>AppleHDA ALC 292 #1</string> <key>Find</key> <data> hBnUEQ== </data> <key>Name</key> <string>AppleHDA</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> kgLsEA== </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>AppleHDA ALC 292 #2</string> <key>Find</key> <data> hAjsEA== </data> <key>Name</key> <string>AppleHDA</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> AAAAAA== </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>AppleHDA ALC 292 #3</string> <key>Find</key> <data> hQjsEA== </data> <key>Name</key> <string>AppleHDA</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> AAAAAA== </data> </dict> </array>

and this 10.10 or SLE if it doesn't work. attachicon.gifAppleHDAALC.kext.zip

@ Jake Lo

Thanks, but still not working. =(

Added the above code and then installed the kext using kext wizard, however I keep getting a "System extension cannot be used" error.

I've tried repairing the cache and permission using KextWizard but that doesnt seem to help either.

Am I right in assuming that I needed to uninstall VoodooHDA as well as AppleHDADisabler? (I tried the above fix with and without them)

What Kexts should be in my SLE with regards to getting this working?