E6410 nVidia - Yosemite Help Thread

v3ct0r

I made a usb with clover, just in case my direct upgrade fails, which seems like it is...screen just goes black after a while (during boot).

Wondering if the same phenomena will happen in Yosemite, every release got easier and easier to "hackintosh", would love to use all the features, especially the one that stops the battery charging while on AC.

Blank screen was due to VGA connected. Initially i got it to the installer, had a spinning wheel taking forever though. After that i changed the kexts to the ones for Yosemite and am already in the middle of installation. Will report further.

Thnx patel, without your resources this wouldnt have been possible.

Breakthrough lads, i've found the button to the hidden boot screen. After you turn on the computer, repeatedly press the Left Arrow key.

Please lads investigate this as i have no idea what to work around with it, but apparently you can load drivers through efi files as well...

Ps, update took a lot of time, i lost sound, wifi and ethernet, the last one is detected in Sys Pref though disconnected, in the system profile it says i have none, weird.

EDIT: fixed Ethernet and sound, but Wifi doesnt seem to get back...ps, deleted the kexts as advised by the postinstallation script from patel.

Thanks for the useful guide and the work involved. I finally could update my 10.9.5 installation. However I'm getting stuck with a boot0 error. I tried every solution I could find on the web but without luck. Maybe it has more or less something to do with Yosemite. Booting from the USB stick is working so I still have access to my OSX installation. 

Looking forward to hear about the Audio fix. :)

boot0 error, does it show anything else? how large is the disk you are installing it, there is a well known "thing" that needs to be done with disks that have 4k sectors (or whatever it is).

BTW, to all you people, the Hidden Bios BOOT Manager seems to boot with any key after the BIOS POST is done and the Clover blinking starts, why does this happen? can anybody get inside?