E6410 nVidia - Yosemite Help Thread

v3ct0r

Confirming iMessage works with Clover boot loader on 10.10.5, Macbook Air 5,2 SMBios

Also have VGA and DisplayPort working (no audio). Audio works, trackpad uses bar on side for scrolling, not a fan of the two finger scrolling on our trackpads (buggy), WiFi works with DW1520 out of the box. Everything works except for sleep mode and DP audio.

So after giving up on OSX for months, I had the urge to tinker again and attacked this challenge again.  After a week of failed attempts, I finally have a working 10.10.5 install, only real issue is the battery meter.  Keeps failing.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I thought I saw a solution but after going back 7 pages on this thread decided it must have been another thread I saw.

Next stop, El Capitan, although for now at least I can get current with Xcode.

Happy New Year everyone. Not sure if anyone is still having issue boot from the HDD/boot0 error; I seem to find a way to successfully boot from the HDD 100%.

First of all, great big thank you to patel4prez for put together the excellent guide on installing Yosemite on our E6410 and Jack Lo and Hervé and others who provided us with their guidance.  

1.     I basically follow the instructions from patel4prez’s guide on creating the installation USB drive.

2.     I hook up the target SSD Drive via an external enclosed.

3.     Boot up the laptop from the USB Drive.

4.     Format the target SSD Drive using Terminal (you can google the command line).

5.     Exit Terminal and bring up Disk Utilities.

6.     Format the SSD Drive one more time and follow patel4prez’s guide to continue the installation.

7.     Once the installation is completed I shut down the laptop and install the SSD Drive back into the laptop.

8.     Boot up the laptop again using the USB Drive and interrupt the “E6410Y†startup and select the SSD Drive. It should go right into setup.

9.     After setup completed make sure you do the post installation script and install Chameleon. It should boot normally without the USB Drive afterward.

10.  I was able to update to 10.10.5 via App Store with no issue.

o   For audio, please follow patel4prez guide on audio fix using his Audio Update.zip file.

o   For wifi make sure you change the SMBios to MacBook Air 5,2 if needed.

o   For battery I use ACPIBatteryManager from RehabMan (v1.6x)

o   I didn’t do the Thunderbolt 1.2 update because it appears it crashes the video kext.

11.  I don’t use iMessage or FaceTime so I can’t tell you if they work or not.

I apologize if this has been asked already, but I didn't see it in this thread.  Does anybody else get the SD cards mounting twice?  Does anybody know how to fix this?

I have this exact problem. Know how to fix it? It started after I installed VoodooSDHC.kext. Can only complain so much about the annoyance. At least I can use the internal SD Card on my Latitude e6500.