E6410 nVidia - Yosemite Help Thread

v3ct0r

So I have been messing with this again today and I think I know what the problem is.  Just before it kernel panics it shows ApplePS2.kext (something along those lines) trying to load as well VoodooPS2.kext (both keyboard and mouse).  Isn't ApplePS2.kext supposed to be one of the kexts that is deleted?  Doesn't that kext cause issues with Voodoo?  I have been trying to find this kext on the install disk but I can't find it.  Unfortunately most of the folders are hidden so I can't just search the whole drive.  I know it is not in System/Library/Extensions and it is not in Extra/Extensions.  Any other ideas on where it might be finding this kext to load?

Edit #1

So it is ApplePS2Controller.kext.  I am sure this is the issue but so far no luck narrowing down where the kext is coming from. I thought maybe it might be pulling from one of my other installs so I unplugged all the hard disks but it is still trying to load it.  Says it is timing out, then kernel panic.

@all

I finally upgraded to Yosemite after using Mavericks on my laptop for a few months and after numerous failed trials.  I upgraded first to 10.10.1 and then from Appstore to 10.10.3. Working fine with a few tweaks. Lost iMessage that was working in Mavericks. System does not close unless I push and hold the power button. Power button and bluetooth stay on if I don't do that. Last thing, I lost sensors information on cpu and gpu temps in iStat. only show HDD temps. 

Info on these problems would help. Anyone has had and solved these ?

Edit: 05-10-2015  Installed new Fakesmc for Yosemite and got cpu & gpu temp sensors back. Face time and AppStore woks but not iMessage.

So I was getting the kernel panic. I have the i7 model, I wonder what everyone has that is having success vs panic.

I swapped out the kernel for the attached one and used a newer version of chameleon.  Booted no issue, following @patel4prez's guide otherwise.  Installing now.

Attached files.  Hope this helps others

cham2667andKernel.zip

• Like 1

Glad it worked for you... I was able to install and boot off the USB but still having trouble getting it to boot from the SSD.  Any help you might be able to provide?

Thanks!

EDIT: ended up being able to figure it out.  For whatever reason it was forcing me to an MBR partition guide, so I grabbed the 10.10.3 MBR fix files and went that route.  Booting into 10.10.3 beautifully.  No audio yet, so gotta figure that one out still.

Glad it worked for you... I was able to install and boot off the USB but still having trouble getting it to boot from the SSD.  Any help you might be able to provide?

Thanks!

EDIT: ended up being able to figure it out.  For whatever reason it was forcing me to an MBR partition guide, so I grabbed the 10.10.3 MBR fix files and went that route.  Booting into 10.10.3 beautifully.  No audio yet, so gotta figure that one out still.

For Audio, I would suggest running the AudioUpdate.sh script in the original thread and then going to Disk Utility and Repairing Disk Permissions. That worked out for me, as the Post script in E6410Y didn't get audio working.

Also, would anyone know why my system runs way hotter than normal? I feel like the system has all 4 cores running at max frequency 24/7. Nothing is open, but my system warms up and the fan is always running. E6510 with i7-720QM, fan is almost never running when inside Windows 10. Not to mention, battery life is abysmal.

• Administrators

Make sure to have setup your E6510 for native speedstep. Process has been documented much widely. You may also want to verify AGPM support and possibly obtain it if not natively running.

You'll find pointers at following URLs:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2673-performance-tuning-with-fakesmc/

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/?do=findComment&comment=2019604

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7807-latitude-d-series-nvidia-gpu-performance-tuning-with-agpm/