E6410 nVidia - Yosemite Help Thread

v3ct0r

• Administrators

Your /S/L/E folder is empty, i.e. the kext files are not written to the USB installer. But I see a lot more is missing in /System/Library...

I'd say you either missed a step in the procedure or there is something very wrong with the installation package you're using or the process you're following.

It was working great, but it couldn't find VoodooHDA.kext during post-install. Said I'd deal with it later. Installed it, rebooted, Audio still didn't work. Enabled HDAEnabler in Chameleon Wizard. Rebooted. Now I have an APCI Kernel Panic again. What gives?

Okay, after doing the install, running post install, audio failing, installed VoodooHDA from the E6410 Y folder, enabling HDAEnabler in Chameleon Wizard, I still get an APCI kernel panic. So, boot in -f, removed VoodooHDA and HDAEnabler boot option, touched the perms folder, I still get an APCI kernel panic. Now I'm going to try the solution on Page 2/3 of this thread. Will update progress. Any other ideas, please comment.

EDIT: Solved my issue by running PostInstall script again. Interesting.

Anyone get iMessage working yet? I have a MacBook Air 5,2 SMBios with chameleon. -- works with Clover

Also, no sound even after AudioUpdate.sh, anyone have this issue? -- got this working by running it again -- then stopped working after a reboot -- now works