Latitude E5420 Yosemite

Kransbox

Download dpcimanager. Launch it and click on PCI List. Attach the snapshot here. Use Alt+Shift+4 to capture the screen. File is save to the desktop. Use More Reply Options to attach the file

post-14457-0-74709900-1419691344_thumb.png

Here ya go.  I assume this wifi doesn't work with OSX right?  No kext will fix this BCM4313? - my internet searching (and this forum) suggests the answer is no.  I'm just curious as to why almost every other BCM can work but this one cannot?

Edit: maybe there is a logical step missing between the 10.10 and upgrading to 10.10.1  vs what I am doing (starting with 10.10.1)?

Alrighty, I nuked the machine and started over.  I'm now at the point of the install to where I am supposed to install the kexts on the new machine with the kext wizard. 

1.  I checked the network settings in System Preferences and the Ethernet option is now there (previously only firewire) but plugging in a cable does nothing.

2.  Same with the audio (as per previous posts).  It looks like the hardware is there but not functional

Thanks for the info Herve

post-14457-0-27104300-1419696875_thumb.png

Also, referring to Post 2 section 3 (SSDT)  i get this error  (I'm doing this on the terminal on the new latitude itself, not the "donor mac").  Does the .sh file need to be located somewhere else (besides within the extra folder on the root of the newly prepared drive) in order for the command:  sudo chmod +x ssdtPRGen.sh to work?

post-14457-0-44078300-1419696941_thumb.png

Thanks for the screenshot shortcut.  It is awesome

• Moderators

1) I remember reading somewhere that you may have to change the speed to 100BaseTX, try that

2) Can you maximize the screen? I don't see the one that mentions Audio. I want to verify the VenID / DevID to see if they are the same as the other E6x20 models

You could also check the BIOS, should be something like 92HD90

No need to run chmod, I believe I have already done that.

What you need to do is run the command from the directory where ssdtPRGen.sh is located. File could be place anywhere.

1) I remember reading somewhere that you may have to change the speed to 100BaseTX, try that

2) Can you maximize the screen? I don't see the one that mentions Audio. I want to verify the VenID / DevID to see if they are the same as the other E6x20 models

You could also check the BIOS, should be something like 92HD90

No need to run chmod, I believe I have already done that.

What you need to do is run the command from the directory where ssdtPRGen.sh is located. File could be place anywhere.

1.  I'll attach some screen shots to show what I can.  I tried to configure manually but it didn't provide me an option to change the speed.  I cannot click the box at all.  If there is another way to manually configure 100BaseTX let me know (maybe some terminal command?)

post-14457-0-70776600-1419703959_thumb.png

post-14457-0-86924700-1419703967_thumb.png

post-14457-0-78253300-1419703971_thumb.png

post-14457-0-79632500-1419703975_thumb.png

2.  Audio is in fact 92HD90 (saw in the bios)

3.  For ssdtPRGen.sh  I navigate to the Extra folder (where it is currently located) and command click on the file and open in terminal or something?  Sorry. I am a noob here.  I assume the command it to run in terminal and I can follow instructions well, but I don't know the theory of it working enough to figure out exactly how to do this part.  Sorry.

Let me know if I can provide anything else.

• Moderators

1) there's nothing on the drop down next to speed?

2) yup, same sound card, need to find why it's not loading

Launch kextwizard, under Loaded tab, do a search for AppleHDA. see if they are loaded

Screen Shot 2014-12-27 at 11.39.56 AM.png

3) navigate to where ssdPRGen.sh is from the terminal and run the command

ie. ssdtPRGen.sh -d 0

• Administrators

For the SSDT generator, no need to change permissions. Simply drag the file icon into an opened Terminal window to prepare to run the command; then, just add the parameters for your CPU.

Which version of the Broadcom LAN kext did you install? v2.3.5 of approx 82/83KB?

BCM5722D.kext.zip

Instead of using kext wizard (I'm not 100% certain if works Ok for Yosemite), I'd simply manually copy the kexts to /S/L/E and run the following Terminal commands:

sudo chmod -R 755 /S/L/E

sudo chown -R 0:0 /S/L/E

sudo touch /S/L/E

sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

The machine just went crazy.  Both of my Yosemite USBs that I created for this project, when I inserted them into the Latitude, would come up with the "this usb hasn't been ejected properly message" and it would disappear/refresh on loop  (both devices).  I cold booted and tried to load from usb (both of them) and both of them resulted in a KP.  I know I DID eject them properly from the host machine.  Who knows.....  So I'm building a USB installer again from the ground up.  One thing that I'd like to add.  I did pull this card out of an old laptop (D60) that was used for OSX until the Nvidia circuit fried itself.

Dell AR5B195 Mini PCI-E 802.11BGN + BlueTooth 3.0 Wireless

I installed it (physically) already.  Now I'm going to redo the Yosemite install and see if anything changes.   Hopefully this will give me WIFI out of the box