Problems with latest Yosemite on E7240

yves030

Hi,

Happy new year to all of you and a big thanks for all the efforts and guides you folks
write!

I am trying to build a Yosemite Hackintosh for days now and almost giving up...

I have read so many guides, tried so many methods unifail, clover and so on,

but nothing works in the end as described.

With the method described here ( https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7478-dell-latitude-yosemite-install-guide/&do=findComment&comment=45213 ) I got "most success"..:

I followed each step, installed the haswell kernel and the bootpack accordingly...

The Laptop is booting from the USB Stick and seems to install Yosemite on "Macintosh SSD".. (takes about 18 minutes)

After Installation, the System wants to be restarted... I boot again via USB and see, that my Macintosh SSD is now
marked as RAID.... That seems to be the reason, why I can´t get to Post-Installation... the Installer always starts from the
beginning... so following the guide I start Terminal first and revert the drive from RAID and reboot. Now (booting from
USB again, Chameleon shows Macintosh SSD as a normal drive... but I can´t boot that partitions anyways.. the System
reboots before entering the graphic mode... no apple logo, no progress bar... the last kext that becomes loaded is TMSafetyNet...
I tried trillions of bootflags in combination... always the same... the settings in the bios seem also correct to me... I tried
different changes... all with no luck.

I´d gladly read some hints from other E7240 users with i74600u CPU and HD4400 Graphic concerning their BIOS settings or
Installation-Procedures...

thanks for any help,

yves

Hi,

thanks for the suggestions...

@hervé:  The SATA Mode is set to AHCI in BIOS... but after Installation the icon in the chameleon bootloader looks not like the big white X´ed circle  but is a
lionhead with the word RAID in it... to revert it from raid, I have to go to terminal and issue diskutil cs revert #UUID#... after that, the icon is "normal"...

@bronxteck:

wtf... I thought, the kernel in System/Library/Kernels is the patched one... (same size). If the Installer USB Stick contains the patched kernel... how

could the unpatched kernel go to the destination disk?
I copied the patched kernel under new name to /S/L/K and booted, telling to use the other kernel... that worked! Although this step is mentioned in the
guide, I was not aware of this "importantness"... I compared the file by size and thought it was the patched one... my fault... thank you!

So, after 5 really hard days of trying around I now have a almost fully working HackbookAir,,, with sound, graphics, lan...
I now have to get WLAN running and check iMessage and co.

WLAN will be impossible for me I think as I have an Intel AC7260 card... maybe I´ll replace it with a hackintosh compatible version.

For other readers with a config like mine:

I followed the guide here: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7478-dell-latitude-yosemite-install-guide/

Especially Post #4 is important.

Dont forget to use the patched kernel on the target! ;-)

Diffuculties i faced during installation on MY System:

- although SATA mode was set to AHCI and the target drive was properly partitioned and formatted (GUID, Mac journalled)
tha drive had to be reverted from RAID Mode after installation (its mentioned in the guide)

- to properly boot into post-installation I needed the flags -f IntelAzulFB=12

- to skip the bluetooth keyboard detection progress, press spacebar

- after all I had to reinstall chameleon... the system just did not want to boot from the harddisk... with the usb stick and selecting the hdd afterwards
booting was no problem, but I wanted to be able to boot without USB-Stick... so I just had to reinstall chameleon on the target device.

Post#4 tells to patch the kernel to fix a problem with the preview app... this was not necessary for me, because I have no problems with this app
or the patched kernel you can download there does already contain this fix.

So finally its time to say thank you guys again, I really appreciate your work and helpfulness (is this a correct word? excuse my bad english...)

So I just donated to tonycrapx86 for the unifail and to the osxlatitude-forum for the great guide and help.

keep on,

yves

• Moderators

Hi,

thanks for the suggestions...

Post#4 tells to patch the kernel to fix a problem with the preview app... this was not necessary for me, because I have no problems with this app

or the patched kernel you can download there does already contain this fix.

So finally its time to say thank you guys again, I really appreciate your work and helpfulness (is this a correct word? excuse my bad english...)

So I just donated to tonycrapx86 for the unifail and to the osxlatitude-forum for the great guide and help.

keep on,

yves

Sorry, if I wasn't clear. The patched Kernel is only to fix the early reboot loop issue. You still need to patch libCLVMIGILPlugin to fix the preview/quick look crash issue.

@Jake Lo:

ok, I´ll keep that i mind and patch the lib. as soon as I realize problems with the preview... the few tests I did showed no problems...??

(anything I can do, to "see / force" the app crashing?)

Currently I am thinking about how to preserve the system to become corrupted after an update or find a way to fully backup and restore
the System... some kind like boot (a hfs+ capable if necessary at all) linux from usb and mirror the partitions... any recommendations?

thanks,

yves

Hi,

Is anybody here to help troubleshoot me QE/CL in 10.10.3 (HD4400)?

I got loaded: 

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD5000Graphics

AppleIntelFramebufferAzul

System succesfully reckognizing card: 

Intel HD Graphics 4400 1536  MB

Model zestawu ukÅ‚adów: Intel HD Graphics 4400

Typ: GPU

Magistrala: Wbudowany

VRAM (dynamiczna, maksymalna): 1536  MB

Producent: Intel (0x8086)

ID urzÄ…dzenia: 0x0412

ID korekty: 0x000b

I tried this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/363-intel-hd-4400-qeci-patch-for-yosemite-10102-opencl/?st=10 and ... no success.