mac os x 10.6.2 on Eee pc 1015BX booting panic

David112

Hi all :)

I have a problem with Mac os x 10.6.2 by Hazard (support AMD) on my Eee Pc 1015BX (amd C-50 and 1gb ram.... too slow for new windows)....

I have successfully installed with following bootflags: cpus=1 busratio=18 maxmem=1024 arch=i386 -v -f -x

(I don't need graphics resolution change because Eee pc is small laptop and minimal resolution fit perfectly)

But I stuck when I am normaly booting :-/ and I have tried same bootflags and some others like -s or GraphicsEnabler=No.... Every time I get stuck in same screen :-/

Every time I see this:

Panic (cpu 0 caller 0x2a76e6) "version mis-match between Kernel and CPU PM"@.....and some long text.....

Then I have there:

Kernel Extensions in backtrace (with dependencies): Sk.triaxis.kext.SleepEnabler(1.0.1)@0x1786f000->0x17870fff

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: Unknown

Mac OS version:

Not yet set

kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 10.0.0: Fri Jul 31 22:47:34 PDT 2009; root:xnu-145.1.25~1/RELEASE_I386

system model name: MacPro2,1 (this is Fake :-D)

System uptime in nanoseconds: 1814168

And then.... boot stuck.... for eternity :-/ I don't know what to do :-/

• Administrators

Are you using NullCPUPowerManagement kext? It's probably required for that system. You may need a legacy/AMD kernel like Nawcom's, rather than the vanilla version. There were Atom patched kernels too, but not applicable in your case.

Now I have different page :-/
(Removed sleep enabler kext and added into same file nullcpupowermanagment.kext

Panic(cpu 0 caller 0x2a7e57) kernel trap at 0x1763c231 type 14=page fault registers
cr0..... (Long numbers)
Error code: 0x00000000
0x17643dd8 : (some numbers) com.apple.dsmos +4470
Kernel extensions in backtrace com.apple.dsmos (1.0.0d1)@0x1763b000-> 0x1763dfff

Then same as was before only uptime in nanoseconds has changed to 976740286

Thank you :)

I made it with retial iFail iso 10.6.3 :) but installer stuck in last 7 minutes (its about last 5% in that long percentage bar) so I let it for 2 hours.... nothing.... so I turned it off and on again :) booted successfuly into Before you begin menu but identifying your keybord is running about half hour and still identifying.... any clue or help? :)

• Administrators

It's not universal, no. Wireless support totally depends on the wifi hardware fitted to the computer. Some cards work OOB, some work with patched kexts, some work with dedicated added software/kexts and some do not work. So you need to identify what you currently have.

Please note that Intel wireless cards are not supported under OS X (Apple not using such Intel hardware in real Macs, there are no drivers). If you can't replace the existing card, you may opt for a small USB dongle.

There's a non-exhaustive list of supported/unsupported cards in R&D->Hardware->Wifi  forum sub-section.