Refined ALPS TouchPad driver

Dr. Hurt

R6B7 on e5550 on 10.11 El Capitan
ALPS: Found a V7 TouchPad with ID: E7=0x73 0x03 0x0a, EC=0x88 0xba 0x2a

One issue I've been having with all of the R6 drivers is the two-finger scrolling sensitivity being too high.  I've set the scroll sensitivity in Mouse and Trackpad to the lowest setting, but almost every two finger tap results in a scroll.  This makes it almost impossible to perform a two finger tap to right-click since any detection of a scroll ignores the two finger tap as a right-click.  Is anyone else having this problem?

e5550 on 10.11 El Capitan

ALPS: Found a V7 TouchPad with ID: E7=0x73 0x03 0x0a, EC=0x88 0xba 0x2a

One issue I've been having with all of the R6 drivers is the two-finger scrolling sensitivity being too high.  I've set the scroll sensitivity in Mouse and Trackpad to the lowest setting, but almost every two finger tap results in a scroll.  This makes it almost impossible to perform a two finger tap to right-click since any detection of a scroll ignores the two finger tap as a right-click.  Is anyone else having this problem?

open plist in the trackpad kext (in plugin folder) and increase MultiFingerVericalDivisor and MultiFingerHorizontalDivisor to 13. I think I might have to create a separate profile for Sierra and older OS X since they're so different.

Question: Does touchpad work after sleep?

V7 on my E5450 sleep NOT work 

Did sleep work with beta 6?

• Moderators

R6B7 on Sierra 10.12.2

-V7     ID: E7=0x73 0x03 0x0a, EC=0x88 0xba 0x2a

Touchpad works fine but not trackstick. The mouse button below the trackstick also not responding.

After, wake touchpad is disabled and after a second sleep/wake, keyboard would stop working and system will hang.

-V3 Rushmore, id: E7=0x73 0x03 0x0a, EC=0x88 0x08 0x22

Agree, touchpad/trackstick running quite smooth. Only issue I have is keyboard and mouse stop after sleep.

Will commence further testing. Thanks Dr. Hurt.

Try with beta 6 too. To compare the effect of changing interrupt.

Another thing:

Before putting system to sleep, open console app (leave it open) and look for messages related to touchpad init as soon as system wakes.

Hopefully this'll give us a clue about where its failing. 

R6B8:

- Caps Lock fix only applies to Sierra (because it breaks older os x)  

- Very strict memory handling during touchpad initialization. (yet another shot at the sleep problem)

- Keyboard start before Touchpad again.

- Updated build settings

I honestly no longer know what to do about the sleep problem.

I'll just keep optimizing the driver and hope for the best.

Known Issues:

- Not all pref pane settings work. Never will...

- V7 and V8 Tracksticks are intentionally disabled for now.

- Scrolling is too fast on macOS versions before Sierra!!

R6B8.zip