Refined ALPS TouchPad driver

Dr. Hurt

Thanks. This is my iroeg.attachicon.gifKitkim’s MacBook Pro.zip

The ioreg shows that Release 5 is loaded!!!!

Something is wrong with your kext installation. Maybe duplicates, or you're confusing old and new kexts.

Delete any voodoops2 kext from:

/System/Library/Extensions

/Library/Extensions

In clover folder: /kexts/10.12 and /kexts/other

After making sure everything is deleted, empty trash and run kext utility 2.6.6 app (search google) to rebuild caches. 

WAIT till everything finishes. 

THEN: put R6RC1 kext in clover's "/kexts/10.12" folder.

Tested R6RC1 on

E7470: V8  ID: E7=0x73 0x03 0x28, EC=0x73 0x01 0x13

-Keyboard / touchpad works; trackstick response but goes straight to lower right corner and stays there

-The right mouse buttons for both touchpad / trackstick don't work. 2 finger right click is hard to control / works but need a few tries to get the right speed and pressure

-After sleep keyboard continues working but touchpad/trackstick/ left/right mouse button stops working

-Had to use external USB mouse at this point

Dmesg shows "HID Activity Tickle ...."

If you want, here's another build which adds:

- Debug output for Trackstick.

- Minor changes to button handling.

- Reset buffer after sleep

When macOS starts, do NOT touch trackstick, then open console.

Move trackstick without touching any buttons and check console for ALPS: Trackstick report:

The point of this is to identify any incorrect packets that need to be filtered like with Rushmore.

Also check sleep again.

EDIT: Sry, I made a mistake with last version. Hope you haven't tested it yet. Use 2 instead.

Jake Lo.zip

Jake Lo 2.zip

• Like 1

The ioreg shows that Release 5 is loaded!!!!

Something is wrong with your kext installation. Maybe duplicates, or you're confusing old and new kexts.

Delete any voodoops2 kext from:

/System/Library/Extensions

/Library/Extensions

In clover folder: /kexts/10.12 and /kexts/other

After making sure everything is deleted, empty trash and run kext utility 2.6.6 app (search google) to rebuild caches. 

WAIT till everything finishes. 

THEN: put R6RC1 kext in clover's "/kexts/10.12" folder.

I am so sorry. I supposed you want to check the installation, the last ioreg is in normally using by r5 kext. This is in using R6c1. And I tried to check the s/l/e and l/e, then using the kext utility. But not found the hw, too. Check again, thanks.Kitkim’s MacBook Pro(R6c1.zip

I am so sorry. I supposed you want to check the installation, the last ioreg is in normally using by r5 kext. This is in using R6c1. And I tried to check the s/l/e and l/e, then using the kext utility. But not found the hw, too. Check again, thanks.attachicon.gifKitkim’s MacBook Pro(R6c1.zip

According to this, everything is working correctly.

The driver is correctly announcing multitouch prefpane compatibility. (screenshot)

You may have an problem with your install (corruption or something) or maybe it's another issue which I don't know.

Edit: You may wanna try deleting settings as per this guide before considering further steps...

http://osxdaily.com/2014/08/01/mac-mouse-trackpad-weird-behavior-troubleshooting/

post-12091-0-76738900-1483001056_thumb.jpg

The driver is correctly announcing multitouch prefpane compatibility. (screenshot)

You may have an problem with your install (corruption or something) or maybe it's another issue which I don't know. 

Well. I think my mackintosh meets some issue, such as the caps lock, photo booth and etc. I will reinstall recently. Thanks a lot.

@Jake Lo:
I made a mistake in last test build. Sry, try new attachment instead.
========

In fact, EVERYONE ELSE should use the "Jake Lo 2" build instead of R6RC1 because it actually fixes a very major mistake. (Affects stability and sleep). And PLEASE REPORT if you try it.

Edit: You may wanna try deleting settings as per this guide before considering further steps...

http://osxdaily.com/2014/08/01/mac-mouse-trackpad-weird-behavior-troubleshooting/

Dr.hurt. I tried your method. But it didn't work. Do you remember the R5? You patch this kext so as to work. And you said: It's a trackpad of newer version. Whether it need some patches to work? Like a special version? Yeah, I check the booting dmesg after I put the R6C1 into the 10.12 folder, the system seems not detect this hw. (PS: I would wanna change a common trackpad really!!)

post-99446-0-34189700-1483010892_thumb.png

• Moderators

Tested Jake Lo 2 on

E7470: V8  ID: E7=0x73 0x03 0x28, EC=0x73 0x01 0x13

Basically the same as R6RC1

-Keyboard / touchpad works; trackstick responses but goes straight to lower right corner and stays there/ Console shows activity with report X,Y,Z

-The right mouse buttons for both touchpad / trackstick don't work. 2 finger right click is hard to control / works but need a few tries to get the right speed and pressure

After sleep

-keyboard continues working but touchpad/trackstick/ left/right mouse button stops working

-touchpad seems to have stop working too but while moving finger around, I see right click options appear even though I didn't touch any right mouse or 2 finger tapping

-Same for trackstick, right click context shows but  I can't click on it since left mouse or mouse movement are not working

-Had to use external USB mouse at this point, but the left mouse is not working either, seems to be stuck at right click option

Could you post a sample from the report in log? I wanna see if there are any wrong-looking packets that need filtering.

Also, did you have sleep problems with other systems too? V3 and V7? Does this version fix it?

@others:
Anyone else still having problems with sleep? (With jake lo 2 build)
Did it fix or break sleep for anyone?