HP Pavilion Elite e9270t 10.10.x

fallen00sniper

let me know if there is anything i can do to increase performance during boot and system use, maybe i should copy my Extra folder back, currently not using smbios.plist

system information shows
smc version 1.59f2[/size]

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201518shows
iMac (27-inch, Mid 2010) iMac11,3 IM112.0057.B01 (EFI 1.8) blank smc version

so not sure how to continue following this guide
http://www.osxlatitude.com/tuning-performance-with-fakesmc-smbios-plist/

made sure all my kexts were updated, and so far everything is a little smoother

boot time from clover to mouse cursor showing: 1m42s86ms
mouse cursor to login screen: 26s12ms

over all: 2m8s98ms

all cpu cores are @ 2.79 and x21 multiplier, max speed.

going to try using my hack to patch applintelcpupowermanagment.kext and remove nullcpupowermanagment.kext.

boot time performance is better slightly, but i think i am getting c and p states now, not sure how to check, but HWMonitor is showing 3.33ghz and x25 multiplier now and it increases up to x33 that i have seen when loading safari and the cores seem to be operating independently now.

boot time from clover to mouse cursor showing: 1m35s67ms
mouse cursor to login screen: 27s35ms

over all: 2m2s102ms

since the kext cache had to rebuild, i think i'll time the next boot and see if it is a lot lower.

again boot time improved

boot time from clover to mouse cursor showing:1m35s47ms
mouse cursor to login screen: 24s99ms
over all: 1m59s146ms

system is still a little sluggish for around 10 - 20 minutes, what do i need to fix?

sleep isn't working, i forgot to reinstall sleepenabler.kext :-(

attaching patched kext

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

myHack cannot/does not/will not patch AICPUPM. In fact, you don't need a patched AICPUM kext on your CPU; the patched kext only applies to SandyBridge/IvyBridge CPUs. What you need is proper CPU power management, which you do not appear to have and won't as long as you use NullCPUPM.

Tune your system through FakeSMC kext tuning + appropriate SMBIOS profile. Read this for details. Target whatever iMac profile is best suited to your system. You can use the list of available profiles provided in Chameleon Wizard app or the specs listed at everymac.com for each Mac model to help you choose.

Lynnfield-based iMac models included iMac 11,1 and iMac 11,3.

For iMac11,1:

SMC keys=1.54f33

smc-compatible=smc-piketon

You should be able to obtain native sleep/wake thereafter and without any need for SleepEnabler (which is only required if you use NullCPUPM).

myHack cannot/does not/will not patch AICPUPM. In fact, you don't need a patched AICPUM kext on your CPU; the patched kext only applies to SandyBridge/IvyBridge CPUs. What you need is proper CPU power management, which you do not appear to have and won't as long as you use NullCPUPM.

Tune your system through FakeSMC kext tuning + appropriate SMBIOS profile. Read this for details. Target whatever iMac profile is best suited to your system. You can use the list of available profiles provided in Chameleon Wizard app or the specs listed at everymac.com for each Mac model to help you choose.

Lynnfield-based iMac models included iMac 11,1 and iMac 11,3.

For iMac11,1:

SMC keys=1.54f33

smc-compatible=smc-piketon

You should be able to obtain native sleep/wake thereafter and without any need for SleepEnabler (which is only required if you use NullCPUPM).

awesome, thanks herve,  i'll restore the stock kext.

i was set as 11,1 previously, but the tool i used to find the mlb and rom for making i messages work stated 11,3. so i'm wondering if smc keys are built in, still a noob on a mission here lol

based on the cpu, http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac-core-i7-2.8-27-inch-aluminum-late-2009-specs.htmlthis matches the closest.

i would imagine this is the 11,1 however i haven't the slightlest clue what to change 01300F00 0003 in REV, RVBF and RVUF to, so i'm going to just change the smc-compatible to sms-piketon.

• Administrators

REV, RVBF abd RVUF are SMC keys; in the case of iMac11,1 SMBIOS profile, change those keys to 1.54f33 as advised above. If you carefully read the article again, you'll suss it out. Normally, it's obvious to the eye...

For smc-compatible parameter, it's smc-piketon, not sms-piketon.

You need to do the tuning in full, don't do a half-job. Half-jobs don't work...

REV, RVBF abd RVUF are SMC keys; in the case of iMac11,1 SMBIOS profile, change those keys to 1.54f33 as advised above. If you carefully read the article again, you'll suss it out. Normally, it's obvious to the eye...

For smc-compatible parameter, it's smc-piketon, not sms-piketon.

You need to do the tuning in full, don't do a half-job. Half-jobs don't work...

i haven't turned the autocorrect off yet, with just changing to piketon, i have smc version 1.54f36, i'll keep at it until i find or figure out the rev, rvbf, rvuf.

i've went over the everymac, your tuning page and the link you provided here, but i am missing it completely on what to change the value to.

• Administrators

Quotes from the article:

8) At the bottom of the Keys list, open down REVRVBF and RVUF. By default, FakeSMC is using SMC version 1.30f3 which is displayed in Data field as 01300F00 0003.

Mario and I tried the SMC version listed for the 15″ MacBookPro5,1 -> 1.33f8 (SMC 1.2). This translated to 6bytes Data 01330F00 0008.

The value required for SMC key 1.54f33 should be be doddle to establish now... This being said, your above value 1.54f36 may work.

Quotes from the article:

8) At the bottom of the Keys list, open down REVRVBF and RVUF. By default, FakeSMC is using SMC version 1.30f3 which is displayed in Data field as 01300F00 0003.

Mario and I tried the SMC version listed for the 15″ MacBookPro5,1 -> 1.33f8 (SMC 1.2). This translated to 6bytes Data 01330F00 0008.

The value required for SMC key 1.54f33 should be be doddle to establish now... This being said, your above value 1.54f36 may work.

iMac (27-inch, Quad Core, Late 2009) iMac11,1 IM111.0034.B02 (EFI 1.0) 1.54f36 (SMC 1.0)

so with this given information do i just change 01300F00 0003 to 01330F00 0008?

i'm not following how the keys were translated or at very least where you found the information to do so.

oh i am so blind or stupid... i just figured it out after googling for about 30 minutes and reading relevant posts.

suddenly dawned on me after looking at http://archive.is/71b4U

mine should be something like 01540F00 0036 am i correct?