[Solved] Trouble installing EC on E7440

Sorcerer

hmm still getting glitches with the installer :( system appears to hibernate before bringing up the installer, or the installer glitches the apple logo whilst booting and hangs.  

may have missed something during the creation of the USB so will try creating again from scratch.. 

i have managed to get it installed but for some reason clover will not install properly on the system disk, it says it installed successfully but system only boots from USB.. without USB it is unable to locate a bootable drive.. :(

clover 3320 does not appear to create a EFI partition. even when told to use only UEFI boot... it sets up the drive in legacy mode (still not bootable - Invalid Partition table error.. )

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes. No EFI partition found ...

anyway everything has come to a screaming halt... 

the el cap download on my e6420 has become corrupted ( i must have accidentally modified it :( )... easy fix or so i thought.. just re-download from app store...  

BANG problem..  app store is not working getting the infamous unknown error occurred your computer is not recognised.. Cant log in to iCloud either.

tried all the usual suspects to fix the issue. 

deleting certificate caches, deleting prefs and network prefs plist files. and nothing seems to fix the issue. 

PCI ethernet is listed as en0 in about this mac.. but i removed and re-added anyway to reset the config.. nope still no app store... 

re-installed the AppleIntel1000e.kext and repaired permissions etc.. and still nothing can not access app store. 

modified the apple.boot.plist using efistudios  and nope that only made my e6420 no longer boot. (had to boot in safe mode to write this)... 

I am lost now.. any suggestions???

*** SOLVED App Store issue on e6420***

Damn FixLAN was not checked in /efi/clover/config.plist..  (could have sworn it was though...  oh well)