Trouble booting Yosemite Installer on Thinkpad X201

gpetrowich

So I've built my installer as described in this thread (post #41):

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2833-install-osx-on-lenovo-thinkpad-x201s-and-maybe-x201/page-5

And I'm installing on a Thinkpad X201 that is successfully running Mavericks, BIOS flashed and using Dell wifi.

Here is where my installer stops:

A48B54E9-6EF7-4C20-A6DE-CBE62DD6AB19_zps

Anybody have ideas they can share?

• Administrators

Are you sure you removed the IntelHD graphics kexts and cache as indicated in the guide? I'm not entirely sure as I'm seeing AGPM loading for Intel HD 8086:0046 on your screenshot...

See post #53 and #56 of that thread.

Thanks Herve,

Yes I've removed them. It's very odd. I've now tried this about 30 times with different USB drives, etc. On about 5 occasions I've actually gotten to the installation (very jittery video) but I when I reboot to do the final steps, it either won't boot or the screen is so bad I can't see, etc, and have to give up/start over. What's crazy is, I can try the exact same USB 10 times and it will work on one attempt but not again for several more. Then when I'm just about to give up I'll try once more and it will work, but only for the install. I still can't get a second shot to clean up the video.

Very confounding. I use this same machine every day with 10.9.5 with zero problems.

Good evening. I've been trying to install the second day on my laptop mac os Yosemite. And I can not find a fault why itself starts os Cover works. When switching to the instalation os screen remains black. which is why I do not know. have tried everything from here Description. from other forum. and still can not find. , can anyone help me please. I ask inside very ..