E6230 i7-3540 - Clover El Capitan install issue

Snookiwooki

Afternoon All,

Have picked up a Dell E6230 i7 3540 (3Ghz Dual core) BIOS A15

Following the guide below, with the Generic EFI in post 2 merged with Exx30_Clover found in another post by Jake.

Using the EL Capitan USB I built for my 9020, re-installed Clover with the config detailed and replaced the files on the EFI partition with those listed above.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-el-capitan-clover-guide/&do=findComment&comment=54621

on booting it gets to the Clover boot screen, select install El Capitan, the Apple logo and blank percentage bar  appears - at which point it goes no further and no USB activity.

Any ideas please?

Much appreciated

-Steve

• Moderators

Hit the space bar when you get to the Clover screen and select verbose or no cache mode. List the error where it hang.

Remember to set the BIOS correctly. You'll have to downgrade BIOS to A03 and then upgrade to A11.

Set BIOS to 'Load Default', apply and then set SATA Operations to AHCI, UEFI and Legacy Rom.

Jake,

Thank you,

Have downgraded to A02 (A03 not available) and upto to A11 - Still same issue; reloaded default BIOS settings and set to UEFI, AHCI etc and have also rebuilt the USB El Capitan installer...

Verbose dump screenshot attached.

Much appreciated.

cheers

-Steve

post-82006-0-22984000-1448295986_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Please link to the clover pack you're using or upload it here. Asus AICPUPM should be enabled, don't not use the included SSDT, as it's for another CPU most likely. Also make sure SIP is disabled in the config file for El Capitan.

Jake,

Many many thanks... installed perfectly :-P

Would you have any recommendation on a wifi/bluetooth card ?

Being a tart - is there any way to get the backlit keyboard to work?

When OSX boots the Apple logo gets corrupt - is this expected?

cheers again.

-Steve

• Moderators

Try Fn+F3 and Fn+Insert (Pause) = Brightness control

Fn+ right arrow = Keyboard backlit = only if your keyboard supports it.

For Wireless/Bluetooth combo, try DW1550. You might want to research it first before purchasing.  :-P

• Like 1