D830 EL Capitan install issues

luke9511

• Administrators

103 (in decimal) = 0x67 (in hex), so that's fine, the parameter is therefore adjusted. Keep it that way.

Now, check the contents of kernel.plist in /Extra:

cat /Extra/kernel.plist

If KernelBooter_kexts is set to No, add the following parameter when you boot: KernelBooter_kexts=Yes. It's mandatory to be able to boot without cache (-f) with recent versions of Enoch.

Salut Hervé,

I found a mistake! When I extract the Bootpack, there is the file kernel.plist in the folder Extra. The file is not in the right format (maybe you can change that?). After the correction, I was able to boot.

kernel.plist before:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict/>
          <key>KernelBooter_kexts</key>
          <string>Yes</string>
</plist>

kernel.plist changed (hopefully correct)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
          <key>KernelBooter_kexts</key>
          <string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Now I have post boot Problems. I will report and ask for it. Before that, I will search myself for a solution.

Merci beaucoup!

Hi Guys,

now I can boot from HDD. The basic stuff works. Thanks a lot for your help.

I still have more questions:

the keyboard is not recognised and the command (windows) Key doesn't work? can I change something to make it work?

I placed an airport wlan+bluetooth card from an Apple Mac mini 2007 (Atheros AR5B91 802.11bgn wireless) in the mini-pci slot . I will find it under System Information PCI. Type airport, no driver install. I don't know how to make it work? Bluetooth works. where can i find the drivers for the Wlan-card?

Thanks 4 ur Help !!!

• Moderators

You can switch the Alt(Option) with the WinKey(Command) by going into Keyboard preference by selecting Modifier Keys.

Since Atheros AR5B91 is from an Apple system, it should be working out of the box. Check the side for toggle switch. Make sure it's set to ON.

• Administrators

Atheros AR5B91 works OOB, so given that the WWAN slot is normally a combo port, wireless should work. I also had that very card defined under ARPT device of the DSDT so you should see it under System Information->PCI with driver installed. Failing that, try the other mini-PCIe slot.

• Administrators

If the card came from a 2007 MacMini2,1, that would be Atheros AR5BXB6 (168c:001c) which, indeed, is not supported beyond Lion. You can verify the model by consulting the IOReg dump of that specific model posted at AppleLife.ru (link available in the SMC keys thread of OS X/macOS support section). Your own IOReg will also show you the card's PCI ids.

I suggest you consult our non-exhaustive inventory and choose a supported card accordingly. It's available through the FAQ... I highly recommend you opt for a 2.4+5GHz-capable card (rather than 2.4GHz only) such as those based on AR9280/9380 (Atheros AR5Bxx92/112), BCM4322 (DW1510) or, ideally, BCM4360 (AW-CB160H) chips. If the card is 1/2size mini-PCIe, you'll obviously need an adapter plate to fit it in securely into your D830.