Point Noob To the Best Install Guide for a Latitude E6430

russmcb

Well, I got El Cap installed once but couldn't boot from it. I was getting an ACPI error.

So I went through the entire process again (6 times!) of preparing a bootable USB drive from the beginning and can't even get to the install screen any longer.  I'm getting the following error: "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/Library/aches.com.apple.xbs..." (If I recall, this may be the same error I was getting when I tried to boot from installed El Cap--not sure though).

Here's a screen shot:

post-94364-0-16997400-1465868869_thumb.jpg

And here's my EFI folder:

EFI.zip

Thanks! Will try it!

-- No luck.

I'm confused about why the config.plist boot args don't show up in the Clover boot arg options. Shouldn't the Clover boot arg options reflect what was listed in the config.plist?

Hmm... Not sure why that would be the case. I'm just having the Clover EFI V2 app set up the EFI partition for me with the following settings:

--Install for UEFI booting only

--Install Clover in the ESP

--OsxAptioFixDrv-64 under the Drivers64UEFI options

[should I perhaps be using the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 option instead??]

Boot Settings--

I'm seeing the following boot settings which come from my model-specific folder:

slide=0 dart=0 nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1

But when I check the Clover options after booting from my USB stick I see the following:

kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0

I just tried changing the settings to the first set of settings (plus -v) and got the same ACPI error.

Any suggestions????

Jake, your nose was correct. After a bunch of hunting around in Windows utilities I know nothing about I discovered a hidden EFI partition on my new HD that was always taking control of the boot up, skipping my USB stick. I wiped the drive again, got to an El Cap install screen and reinstalled from scratch.  Phew...

Almost everything seems to be working really well! Thanks! Almost tempted to load up a beta version of Sierra on a spare volume... not!

Final issues, now that I won't make the same EFI error again...

1- Sleep doesn't work and so I guess I need to disable my Nvidia card with the DSDT patch. Herve has got a post from Sept 2013

http://www.osxlatitude.com/a-light-practical-introduction-to-dsdt-patching/

Shall I start with this for figuring out the patch?? Or is there a more specific guideline somewhere for disabling my card?

2- I'm getting screen artifacts. Will these go away when I disable my Nvida?