OSX Sierra on E5420

ZainAnjum

• Administrators

I don't know what you have in your Clover folder but it should theoretically work with minimal straightforward/obvious adjustments (for instance, I would not place injected kexts in folder 10.11 but Others).

• Administrators

Fixing USB ports in ElCapitan is fairly easy:

1. you rename USB2.0 devices from EHC1/EHC2 to EH01/EH02 in tour DSDT (rename all instances individually)
  2. you reboot with your patched DSDT then run IORegistryexplorer (or equivalent like IOJones or otherwise) to identify your USB ports. To do that scroll down in your IOREg explorer window to the EH01/EH02 devices, then plug a USB key in all your USB ports. Each time you plug the key in a port, take a note of the port id/address/number where the key appears after IOReg refresh
  3. you create a USBinjector kext in which you declare USB port details under a Mac model that matches the SMBIOS you use

Here's an example for my D630, SMBIOS MBP5,1. You need to do the equivalent using SMBIOS MBP8,1 which you should be using for your E5420. Use PlistEditPro to view and/or edit the Info.plist of the kext.

USB_Injector.kext.zip

All of this is explained in various Hackintosh forums on the web, it's a simple matter of searching a little, experimenting and implemeting.

• Like 1