E6220 - El Capitan installation issues

torakikiii

• Administrators

That's correct. You change the parameter from Yes to No after installation tuning so that you use cached kexts from /L/E, not injected kexts from /E/E. Kexts can again be injected through bootloader maual option and flags KernelBooter_kexts=Yes -f -v.

Damn, your were spot on with my erroneous kernel.plist. I must have selected part of the text in the file and delete it by mistake right before saving it! That's been fixed too. Really sorry...  :oops:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a small detail. I've been trying to have my computer to show the default theme for the loader, the gui, without any success.

I also edited the chameleon.plist and tried adding:

<key>GUI</key><string>Yes</string>
<key>"Instant Menu"</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Nothing changed, I always get the textual boot loader.

I then had a peek inside the default theme folder and found the theme plist. I tried to change this:

<key>Enabled</key>
<string>yes</string>

<key>screen_width</key>
<string>1366</string>
<key>screen_height</key>
<string>768</string>

I changed the Enabled key to yes and matched my screen size.

Still nothing :')

What am I missing? :?

• Administrators

Should look something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1366x768x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 darkwake=0</string>
<key>PrivateData</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SystemType</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>Default</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Chameleon/Enoch only loads the o.c.B.plist and Themes from /Extra. Are you sure you followed the guide and used the posted files?

I got it... what you say it's true but what I didn't know (and I wonder if it's correct) my system use the plist inside the Extra folder of the hidden Efi partition!

I was trying for long time to modify the Plist inside Extra folder on the mac hd... obviously nothing was changing  :ugeek:

I used an Efi mounter, mounted the hidden Efi partition and changed the o.c.B.plist (and added the missing theme folder) and voila'... boot graphics on load.

• Administrators

'seems like you've got yourself into a configuration where you did not install Enoch with default settings and, instead, got yourself into a complicated configuration. My guide just never mentions the hidden EFI partition and quite explicitely state to copy the /Extra folder at the root of the OS X partition. The guide also states to install Enoch without any further form of details, i.e. use the default settings. Please try and follow the instructions detailed in the guides and don't go look for options that are not even mentioned.