[Solved...almost] Optiplex 3040 FULLY working!

sebus

On 12/25/2017 at 4:09 AM, BallyS16 said:

Wow Jake, thank you!

Ethernet works this way...

Let me see if all other things are OK and I will report back.

I will also try to automate this...

Merry Christmas!

Hi,

Could you share the your CLOVER folder (specifically ACPI, kexts folder and config.plist file)? I just bought a Dell 3040 Micro and try install High Sierra. Using a 3050 Micro kexts and config.plist, I can run Sierra but with inverted blue color.

17 hours ago, Jake Lo said:

Try this Config.plist

Post your Clover folder if you need further assistance

Thank you for support!

Using your config.plist, I had to enable Fix Shutdown and FixHeader, as well as turn off Drop OEM option to make it bootable.

However, the blue color is still inverted, I will do research with kexts and post result here.

7 hours ago, Jake Lo said:

Post screenshot of the issue

Thank you.

Colors are normal when connected to TV via HDMI. So I think the problem is likely in cable of monitor (I used DP to DVI cable, the monitor is a 15 years old IBM T120). I tried to rotate and change resolution to reset the monitor parameters as point out by some sources on internet but without success.

In two days, I will get back to my office and try a normal DP display (Dell U2515H) and will post result here.

Today I tested color with my Dell U2515H:

- With HDMI, all colors are normal.

- With DP, colors are inverted as follow: Blue -> Red, Red -> Blue, Green -> Green. The photo shot of High Sierra Desktop is attached with this message. As you can see, the dominated color is Blue (it should be Orange for High Sierra Mountain), the icon colors on the Desk look strange too.

Searching on internet I found a workaround: use SwitchRes to change color mode from Billion Colors to Million Colors, or using resXtreme change color depth from 8 to 4, color bits from 10 to 8. After that, the colors returned to normal mode.

For reference, my hardware config is: Dell 3040 Micro, i3-6100T, RAM 8GB, SSD Samsung 256GB, monitor Dell Ultrasharp U2515H. The current config.plist is attached bellow.

Colors are inverted.JPG

config.plist.zip

On 1/26/2019 at 4:27 PM, tqbinh said:

Today I tested color with my Dell U2515H:

- With HDMI, all colors are normal.

- With DP, colors are inverted as follow: Blue -> Red, Red -> Blue, Green -> Green. The photo shot of High Sierra Desktop is attached with this message. As you can see, the dominated color is Blue (it should be Orange for High Sierra Mountain), the icon colors on the Desk look strange too.

Problem was fixed by updating IntelGraphicsFixup.kext to the lasted version and adding FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext and FakePCIID.kext