[Solved...almost] Optiplex 3040 FULLY working!

sebus

• Moderators

If it doesn't work on Sierra, it won't work on HS either.

It must be something else.

Try going into Options when you see the Clover loader, use the right arrow to navigate

Select ACPI patching-> Tables Dropping->

Go all the way down and deselect Drop all OEM SSDT

Check all the Drop "SSDT-xx" below that

Select Return

Change DSDT name: BIOS.aml

Select Return, Return

Hit spacebar to select Verbose mode and debug 0x100

What the above does is to not use the patched DSDT/SSDT if it's a BIOS dependent issue.

See if ethernet works

Happy Holidays everyone!

• Moderators

Ok, sounds like the DSDT/SSDT are the caused, could be you're on different version of BIOS.

Just remove all the DSDT/SSDT in the /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched folder

What version of BIOS are you running?

Boot to Clover, hit F4. Continue to OS X. Compress and attach /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Origin here for patching.

Sorry to revive an already [sOLVED] thread - I'm also on a Optiplex 3040 Micro, i5 6500T, HD 530, 16 Gb RAM, 256 Gb SSD - and High Sierra 10.13.2.

I've followed everything in this thread and got almost everything to work - what I've got left to solve is bluetooth and HDMI audio.

I'm getting audio from internal speakers, so that one is working - my guess is that the missing HDMI audio could be due to the fact that I'm running a Dell 3818DW-monitor (with integrated speakers) and neither HDMI nor DP gets the resolution correct (HDMI stops at 1080p, DP at 1440p).

macOS identifies the monitor correctly, but not the resolution - so I'm guessing that the identification here could be related to HDMIaudio not working.

Any suggestions for both bluetooth and HDMIaudio/screen resolution?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for a fast reply - the kexts are already in place, but did a repair perm and rebuild - no difference.

Bluetooth not working (meaning it doesnt show any devices or is detectable) and no HDMI audio or difference in resolution-options for the monitor.

Any other suggestions or info you may need to better help?

Thanks once again.