[Solved...almost] Optiplex 3040 FULLY working!

sebus

13 hours ago, Aimable_fr said:

Thanx Jake,

I deleted the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi but I've the same issue: on 3040, the installer is stopped after the ++++++ line :(

No Way, I Tried some config.plist. 

The processor on this 3040 is a Core i3 6100 3.2GHz.

My SMBIOS config is iMac17,1 (Skylake) 

Is this CPU supported? 

For me (Dell 3040 micro), the plist file in this topic makes PC hang up. I need to clear the DropOEM option in it to be able boot.

Try to use my plist (and kext) in the attached file.

Note that if you don't have Mac in hand, you can copy it to EFI folder in Windows by mounting it: Run Command Line (Cmd) as Administrator, type DiskPart, type Select Vol, check the number (x) of your EFI volume (it usually has size of 200 or 260MB), type Select Vol x (x is the number in previous step), type Assign Letter=s, now EFI volume is S: drive.

Dell 3040 TQB v2.zip

Thanx Jake for this trick, it's better.

However, after monting the ram disks and displayed some error about /var or /private unable to open (I Think that since Sierra, these directory are not reachable), the SSD is mounted too, I have a KP when it try to load GPUdrivers intel like this:

panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff7f825e5fbc): assertmsg@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/GPUDriversIntel/GPUDriversIntel-10.22.29/Common/IONDRV/Intel/SKL/AppleIntelFramebuffer/AppleIntelController.cpp:25987

panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff7f825e5fbc): assertmsg@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/GPUDriversIntel/GPUDriversIntel-10.22.29/Common/IONDRV/Intel/SKL/AppleIntelFramebuffer/AppleIntelController.cpp:25987

I tried to reboot with invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678) and it boot now :)

35 minutes ago, tqbinh said:

For me (Dell 3040 micro), the plist file in this topic makes PC hang up. I need to clear the DropOEM option in it to be able boot.

Try to use my plist (and kext) in the attached file.

Note that if you don't have Mac in hand, you can copy it to EFI folder in Windows by mounting it: Run Command Line (Cmd) as Administrator, type DiskPart, type Select Vol, check the number (x) of your EFI volume (it usually has size of 200 or 260MB), type Select Vol x (x is the number in previous step), type Assign Letter=s, now EFI volume is S: drive.

Dell 3040 TQB v2.zip

Hi :)

Thanx for your files, I check with my config and tell you if better ;) 

I tried some configs and this is the result:

Mojave is installed on this Dell 3040 microFF Corei3 latter Dell bios 1.9

It need to add RAM spec on SMBIOS (thanx to Jake)

Intel HD530 (192MB VRAM) working with 7MB of VRAM, 1920x1080 on HDMI or (not and) display-port (VGA port is not tested); No Audio on HDMI, no sleep mode, probably no acceleration

ig-platform-id is set to 19120006, 19120000 or other create a reboot. I Try to set VRAM to 192MB with no effect. In Devices, IntelGFX set to blank or fakeID (12345678) are same way idem with or not UseIntelHDMI checked.

For Audio, I configured the AppleHDA ALC255, The sound is Ok on onboard speaker, however, on jack output, the sound is very bad. I'll check that on second time.

Wired Network is OK with RTL8111, No Wifi card

BT is OK with a Belkin Dongle: Plug and Play!!! :) my Magic Trackpad is working good in less ONE minute

Here is my config.plist, if you have an idea for video card? 

Thnx

config.plist.zip

IntelHD530.png

So, since Aimable_fr is French, I'll explain to him in French, but basically, everything that I'm saying in the Spoiler frame is what has been provided in this thread, just gathered and in french

Follow Jake's tutorial on how to change DVMT to 96MB in EFI Shell

Setup_var 0x350 0x3

Salut, le problème c'est que tu brules des étapes je pense.

Je te mets les info pele-mêle, fais des recherches sur ce que j'explique

Il te faut t'assurer que la VRAM (DVMT) est bien à 96MB (DVMT 96MB = VRAM 64MB en gros), tu peux le faire soit en éditant le bios avec un utilitaire EFI Shell si le bios Dell ne te le permet pas - j'en doute, le mien n'a pas l'option (voir plus haut dans le thread, je t'ai mis le lien plus haut - utilise une commande du EFI shell pour lire la variable, histoire de pouvoir la rechanger au cas où, puis changes là), ou avec un patch DVMT dans Clover > devices > properties, il te faut Lilu et Whatevergreen - moins pratique je trouve.

Tu peux aussi essayer ig-platform-id 0x193B0005 pour voir, moi avec ce ig-platform-id là, j'ai 3 écrans 1080p parfaitement fonctionnels. Mais clairement le plus facile, pour un écran, c'est Lilu et Whatevergreen avec 0x19120000 (mais dans Clover > devices > properties - hackintool peut generer un patch facilement à mettre dans clover)

• La veille ne fonctionne pas avec le HD530
  • Le son et la prise jack est un problème connu, pas sur qu'il y ait une solution (jack de devant, si tu en as deux, fonctionne bien)
  • Cherches un patch pour ta puce Bluetooth, sinon ton trackpad va ramer, tu vois la souris lagger, c'est assez pénible
  • Installe tes extensions dans /Library/Extensions et rebuild cache
  • utilise SMBIOS d'iMac 17,1
  • VGA a peu de chances de marcher, sauf peut etre avec 0x1930005 et le patch AGDP
  • j'ai posté pas mal de trucs sous le même pseudo sur un autre site de hackintosh

Thanx Anatharias for your help.

On my 3040, your ig-platform-id 0x193B0005 create a KernelPanic. The dell's Bios don't permit to modify the DVMT too, and the VRam seen with Windo$ is 192MB.

I'll try to modify the DVMT setting with efi shell and come back ;)

The sound with front jack is too bad with a headphone. No audio provided on HDMI, idem with hackintool conf or fakepciid

The BT is performed by a little dongle (Belkin F8T016: Bt2.1), at this time, my Magic Trackpad work perfectly. Hand off is not working (BT 2.1 not supported).

And I'm not interested by VGA Port. But I found your hedgehog avatar on another site :P

Hi all,

I followed the firewolf's guide and I modified the DVMT setting 0x350 & 0x351 to 0x3. Now, VRAM is up to 1536MB 👏

After that, I Tried 0x193B0005 but unfortunately, the VRAM dropped to 4MB. The good ig-platform-id for me is 0x19120000. Only one port port is  functional either HDMI either DP, not both. Tested with a HD monitor, Samsung smartTV (very low res - beurk🤮) and Panasonic Viera smartTV full HD OK, but, no sound in HDMI. 

Sound is OK with my old Griffin iMic usb dongle, natively recognized. I'll test hackintools differents layout if it improves.

So, it's not important now, I had fun to install Mojave on this micro DELL.  

Next! :)

Thanks for all for your help and hard experience !!!

Hey there,

just check my attached .plist

I also included a screenshot of my EFI folder and L/E/ folder (not the actual EFI folder, so you must search for the latest .kext)

I re-generated serial number so you can keep the SMBIOS as it is

I also included my ioReg, feel free to check it out

I don't have HDMI sound, but I was interested in 3 displays

I have a USB loudspeaker

a bluetooth dongle (and Kext for firmware injection)

have fun

Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 3.00.06 PM.png

Plist+ioreg.zip

Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 3.03.37 PM.png