macOS Sierra Installation on E5450

bigahega

• Moderators

Wrong bootpack. I'm assuming your system has Broadwell CPU with HD 5500, not Haswell with HD 4400. 

Download the correct bootpack under Broadwell E5450_HD5500 and replace the files.

You might want to confirm first, only reason you would set the DVMT if you have Broadwell CPU.

God bless you man thank you, I did the installation after correcting the bootpack, later on fixed the IOGraphicsFamily patch now I can boot. However I have two problems:

1) wifi is not working, what should I do, I only have options for ethernet and bluetooth

2) In system preferences it searches for bluetooth trackpad, but my touchpad is working fine. However some complex stuff like three finger touch etc. is not working. Should I try this one: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-focaltech-and-synaptics-smart-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/

I tried to make my touchpad work using instructions here : https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-focaltech-and-synaptics-smart-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/

I deleted (I should have backed up) all *ps2* files in my /System/Library/Extension folder and I used Kext utility to put the Kent ELAN v4.0.5.zip in the same folder.

I rebooted, and now it crashes. I don't know which trackpad I have (I took my chances with ELAN). I have El Capitan and not Sierra.

post-95286-0-67620400-1484407335_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

No double posting please...

I suggest you boot your USB installer and, once at the main screen, open Terminal to copy your original PS2 kexts from your USB installer to your HDD partition. If you're using Clover, mount the EFI partition and copy the kexts in the EFI/Cover/kexts/10.xx or EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder.

Sorry about double posting, I realized that my post did not really belong to this "macOS sierra installation on E5450" but fits better to the "[sOLVED] E5450 El Capitan Success" here : https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/9058-solved-e5450-el-capitan-success-need-some-minor-help/ since it is the thread that I followed.

About my problem, I do have Clover but I don't really understand what it is. I can boot to the recovery partition and run a terminal from there. Would it help ?

I solved the trackpad issue :

• I booted the computer to the Recovery partition listed in the Clover Menu
  • I launched the terminal
  • I mounted the EFI partition with mkdir /Volumes/EFI and then mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI
  • cp -rf /Volumes/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ApplePS2Controller.kext /Volumes/Macintosh HD/System/Library/Extensions
  • And I restarted.
  • Sound is gone now, I might have deleted another kext ...

Thank you Hervé for your help.