E6420 Sierra Waiting for Root Device

pspfreak

I followed the guide from here: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/9383-dell-e6220-i7-2620m-clover-detailed-guide/

My E6420 is the HD 3000, i7 2620m, 900p screen version.

I can not for the life of me get past the dreaded still waiting for root device. I have made sure all my bios settings match the ones that are linked in the guide to no effect. 

I'm using a OS X Yosemite VM in VMWare workstation 12 on Windows 10 but that shouldn't matter too much, should it? 

I have tried boot flags such as -v -x, -v -x -s, those kind of things.

15205824_1217619708276615_666731774_o.jp

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know its the latest, whatever was in 2016, just updated it a month or so ago unrelated to this. Maybe I could try taking the trac pad driver out for now, to see if thats the problem.

Edit: This is what I have before the garbled text after removing the tracpad kext.

NLaxrGM.jpg

KP due to vanilla AICPUPM kext... If you use Clover, enable the AsusAICPUPM patch. If you use Enoch, you should either use NullCPUPM kext or the pre-patched AICPUPM kext. You may refer to my E6220 guide (and pack).

I'll try that but I just wanna ask, is the ssdt required for boot of the installer? Or can that be done afterwards