Dell mobile Precision 7510 Intel hd530, black screen

ss2sameer

• Moderators

Which VoodooPS2Controller.kext did you use? link?

This system has Alps v7 or v8, can't remember and there's no support for the trackstick (which I use mostly) with the current Dr.Hurt's Refined Alps touchpad kext. That's why I stick with the generic ApplePS2Controller so I could use it with SmartScroll.app. Works perfectly.

Kexts that you didn't include but should be needed to get other devices working:

AppleHDA_ALC293 = Audio

EAPDFix = restore audio after sleep/wake

FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio & FakePCIID = HDMI Audio

SATA-100-series-unsupported = for Sata, but you have NVME so I guess not needed

IntelGraphicsFixup & lilu = boot glitch fix and some other graphics fixes

AppleBacklightInjector + SSDT-PNLF.aml = Backlight if you're using 10.12.4 and up

Patches applied to DSDT:

Rename _DSM -> XDSM

Rename HDAS -> HDEF

Rename HECI -> IMEI

HDEF with layoutID = 1

GFX0 -> IGPU

Mutex

IRQ

HPET

OS X check Fix 

RTC fix

LPC Skylake 

HD 530 patch (optional)

USB 3.0 PWR 0x6D Skylake

Disable Nvidia 

which "HD 530 patch (optional)" have you applied to yours dsdt? i have a problem with video after wakeup - browser (safari/chrome) hangs on youtube play started.

UPDATE: i've applied IMEI patch, problem disappeared.

And do you tested CPU power management? For me - it doesn't lower idle cpu frequency below 1.3Ghz.

UPDATE: i've enabled HWP and seems that this solved a problem with idle frequency.

i've tried latest voodoops2controller from rehabman and from dr.hurt, no difference - bug with caps lock exists. may be this is karabiner's bug. but on my macbook it works without problems.

• Like 1

problem have place if only i remap caps lock in karabiner. once i remove mapping rule - caps lock works as intended.

UPDATE: finally i've remapped caps lock to f18 with custom adb patch, works fine.

i've attached a script to automatically disassemble/patch ACPI table to match Jake Lo clover configuration. Works good on my 7710 with AMD card.

acpi.tar.gz

Jake Lo, i've discovered that IntelMausiEhternet have very slow upload on my system (30-40mbit on LAN 1gbps link). I've replaced it with AppleIntelE1000e.kext, works much better.

UPDATE: i've found that both modules have problems with NFS/AFP connections. i have 2-4mbyte/s upload speed on LAN connection, and normal (30mbyte/s) speed using wi-fi. Download have no problems on both of modules. BUT, blackmagic disk speed test shows normal results when i'm using AppleIntelE1000e.kext, but copying files are still 2mbyte/s

UPDATE: iperf shows the same results - 50mbit/s upload, 990mbit/s download. i've tried to compile latest IntelMausiEthernet 2.3.0 and got the same results.