Latitude 6430u, El Capitan, Clover - black screen

wonder2

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

On E5x30/E6x30, BIOS must not exceed a given version beyond which graphics artefacts is systematic. If BIOS does exceed the maximum recommended versions, downgrading to the desired version requires to first downgrade to the lowest possible version before subsequently upgrading to the desired one.

Eg: E6230 with say BIOS A16. Maximum BIOS version for OS X is A11. To downgrade to A11 and have fully supported graphics, it's necessary to 1st downgrade to say A02 version then upgrade to A11. A direct downgrade from A16 to A11 does not fix graphics defects.

It appears that Jake recommended not to exceed BIOS A06 for the Latitude 6430u. As such, downgrade to A02, then upgrade to A06.

This may sound like a silly remark, but in case the 6430u did actually boot to OS X desktop, try [Fn-Insert] several times in case the backlight was set to dark...

• Moderators

wonder2, mine also shows Video BIOS Version 2132v08.

I have tested downgrading bios to A02 and then up to A06, anything over that, artifacts occurs. I have also upgrade to A11 and then directly down to A06 and it's still fine unlike the E6x30 where you must downgrade to A03 then to A11.

So I recheck the bootpack and noticed I have left out something in the Config file. I have now re upload the new files, go ahead and update and see if it helps.

You just need to replace the Config.plist file. The DSDT/SSDT are patched from Bios A06, so make sure to stick with that version.

I did one by one BIOS upgrade till A06, on each iteration I tried the installer, the results were the same timeout.

Then I took the latest update from Jake Lo, shutdown error is back and some acpi errors and CPU model is unknown, please find attached.

Thank you,

I did one by one BIOS upgrade till A06, on each iteration I tried the installer, the results were the same timeout.

Then I took the latest update from Jake Lo, shutdown error is back and some acpi errors and CPU model is unknown, please find attached.

Thank you,

Forgot to attach, sorry

post-102564-0-65433700-1482110157_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

please upload your EFI folder (compress first), want to confirm you have it setup correctly.

When you create the installer, you use GUID / Extended Journaled format?

I just rebuild the installer with 10.12.2 using the bootpack and have no issue booting to the Installer using any of the USB ports.

This may sound like a silly remark, but in case the 6430u did actually boot to OS X desktop, try [Fn-Insert] several times in case the backlight was set to dark...

Yes, I always hit enter-space-escape to make sure that the system is not waiting for input from me